True Hazardous Launch

ZeroGravitas

On 2/20/2024 at 1:43 PM, ZeroGravitas said:

Looks like you can order customs direct from True now? Hmm...

TrueDirect.thumb.png.bed26ab58b6050ecc87b504e0d877d1b.png

This button has been removed. Even gave the screenshot the patented TGN "big ole circle" treatment to be silly.

image.png.66d7ca390ea386a49d7d37017fdb2e78.png

Other fun note: the HZRDUS customizer now has selectable options here on the hand placement, along with mention of a 605 model:

image.png.2357384a18aca29b36421aed16a8faa5.png

No other observed changes.

Edited by keeperton
I am an absolute ghoul.

Shop GoalieMonkey.com Now!
On 3/13/2024 at 4:46 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

True's wait times usually skyrocket around when guys are getting ready to get back to training before camps. This is probably the slow season for Pro orders. 

Agree with this

9 hours ago, keeperton said:

This button has been removed. Even gave the screenshot the patented TGN "big ole circle" treatment to be silly.

image.png.66d7ca390ea386a49d7d37017fdb2e78.png

Other fun note: the HZRDUS customizer now has selectable options here on the hand placement, along with mention of a 605 model:

image.png.2357384a18aca29b36421aed16a8faa5.png

No other observed changes.

Weird, I'm in the customizer now for PX4 and PX3 and it is still showing the COMPLETE YOUR ORDER button. Clicking it still takes me to a page to enter my credit card information.

The fellow behind Hockey Reviews CA got a set from True to do some comparisons between the Hzrdus and Catalyst PX3 lines. I appreciate that he goes through each piece side by side, and there are some notable differences on the new 615 blocker that are not obvious from the catalog picture(s). Looks like a solid improvement overall.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Weird, I'm in the customizer now for PX4 and PX3 and it is still showing the COMPLETE YOUR ORDER button. Clicking it still takes me to a page to enter my credit card information.

Hmm, interesting. I tried on a few different browsers and such, not there for me.

6 hours ago, Teezle said:

The fellow behind Hockey Reviews CA got a set from True to do some comparisons between the Hzrdus and Catalyst PX3 lines. I appreciate that he goes through each piece side by side, and there are some notable differences on the new 615 blocker that are not obvious from the catalog picture(s). Looks like a solid improvement overall.

These were actually helpful videos. Made me glad I went with the options I went with. I'm glad the videos totally showed what's different with the 12.x vs. 20.x lines in the leg channels and such too.

Most interesting thing I noticed is that the HZRDUS pads, if you put just the nylon option, has no elastic strap coming out of the knee.

29 minutes ago, keeperton said:

Hmm, interesting. I tried on a few different browsers and such, not there for me.

These were actually helpful videos. Made me glad I went with the options I went with. I'm glad the videos totally showed what's different with the 12.x vs. 20.x lines in the leg channels and such too.

Most interesting thing I noticed is that the HZRDUS pads, if you put just the nylon option, has no elastic strap coming out of the knee.

Price actually started this at the end of his career, albeit with a leather strap instead of nylon. 

IMG_0232.jpeg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RedX said:

Price actually started this at the end of his career, albeit with a leather strap instead of nylon. 

IMG_0232.jpeg

Oh, neat. I would imagine the knee strap is a bit redundant with how the FRS is set up.

1 hour ago, keeperton said:

Oh, neat. I would imagine the knee strap is a bit redundant with how the FRS is set up.

Wouldn't you still want the kneeblock itself anchored to something and not just "floating"?
Even if it is stiff, I can just see it being a piece of mind or limiting how much that area can stretch and move.

1 minute ago, Tyrannicide said:

Wouldn't you still want the kneeblock itself anchored to something and not just "floating"?
Even if it is stiff, I can just see it being a piece of mind or limiting how much that area can stretch and move.

Yeah, that's why I said "a bit" in this case. Having the one strap, in Price's case the leather strap, makes sense to me since it does anchor it. I do know of individuals that strap up their pads without anything on the knee block (the specific example I'm thinking of is TGN with the Supreme kneeblock style pads).

1 hour ago, keeperton said:

Yeah, that's why I said "a bit" in this case. Having the one strap, in Price's case the leather strap, makes sense to me since it does anchor it. I do know of individuals that strap up their pads without anything on the knee block (the specific example I'm thinking of is TGN with the Supreme kneeblock style pads).

The elastic knee strap down to the calf on Mach pads is more of a suggestion. 

Stabilislide really is cool. 

2 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Still up for me. Can anyone else check it out?

1 hour ago, Hockey34 said:

It’s still up for me as well 

Lol, I think their website doesn't like my VPN. I tested it on my laptop and it's there, so that's a little funny.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2024 at 5:36 PM, keeperton said:

I saw that, too. I like the way I have it on my PX3 setup:

image.png.b9f09b21eca40b69e937290c621fdbd3.png

where the elastic strap to the calf limits how much the knee block can move, and the leather strap provides an outer limit for how far my knee can go backward so I never risk falling off the block.

I have a separate question, which is will True mix-and-match features from both lines for a regular customer (not just pros)? If I wanted a PX3 pad, but with the Hzrdus outer roll, calf sliding surface shape, and shorter FRS assembly would they do it?

By the FRS assembly part, I mean where there is a piece that extends down to the boot and overlaps with the inside calf wrap on the PX3, but is absent in the Hzrdus line. PX3 on the left, Hzrdus on the right:

image.png.35455e3fe6876bf024dc195cf3542528.png image.png.005059a4168259a3ea2df65cedfce0d2.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Teezle said:

where the elastic strap to the calf limits how much the knee block can move, and the leather strap provides an outer limit for how far my knee can go backward so I never risk falling off the block.

I have a separate question, which is will True mix-and-match features from both lines for a regular customer (not just pros)? If I wanted a PX3 pad, but with the Hzrdus outer roll, calf sliding surface shape, and shorter FRS assembly would they do it?

By the FRS assembly part, I mean where there is a piece that extends down to the boot and overlaps with the inside calf wrap on the PX3, but is absent in the Hzrdus line. PX3 on the left, Hzrdus on the right:

image.png.35455e3fe6876bf024dc195cf3542528.png image.png.005059a4168259a3ea2df65cedfce0d2.png

More than likely no, true doesn't like to do alterations. But have the retailer you want to order through reach out to their true rep and ask. We had a custom want a very specific embroidery done in the back of the pad. We reached out to true and they accepted the additional embroidery, but said they had to outsource it to a local embroiderer. No extra charge to the custom as well. 

Edited by Madmedic6

1 hour ago, Teezle said:

Unlikely. True doesn’t really do that. Why not just order a hzrdus pad in a softer build?

1 hour ago, Toobs said:

Unlikely. True doesn’t really do that. Why not just order a hzrdus pad in a softer build?

The boot channel, softer boot, thicker boot and shin, and thigh rise construction on the PX3 are my preferred specs. I'll likely stick with the Catalyst line going forward, but if it was possible to combine features of both then it would be perfect.

13 minutes ago, Teezle said:

The boot channel, softer boot, thicker boot and shin, and thigh rise construction on the PX3 are my preferred specs. I'll likely stick with the Catalyst line going forward, but if it was possible to combine features of both then it would be perfect.

Have you checked out the new options on the hzrdus customizer? You can spec out a soft boot and the same thigh as a px3. The boot channels on both are really, really similar, just a very small difference.

Yeah the slightly thicker boot and shin are a difference, but pretty minimal. The lines between these two sets have become very blurred.

19 hours ago, Toobs said:

Have you checked out the new options on the hzrdus customizer? You can spec out a soft boot and the same thigh as a px3. The boot channels on both are really, really similar, just a very small difference.

Yeah the slightly thicker boot and shin are a difference, but pretty minimal. The lines between these two sets have become very blurred.

I have and I've tried flat boot channels in the past, but I just don't like the way it sits on my skate. Plus, I dialed in my sizing based on the combination of the boot channel/flex/thickness on the PX3; changing all of those means the Hzrdus line may not fit me as well.

• 4 weeks later...