Bauer 2024 - Shadow

ZeroGravitas

36 minutes ago, ilyazhito said:

Wow. That sucks. Why doesn't Bauer partner with ProLaces or another toe tie company to produce more durable elastic toe ties?

Money. Prolaces are expensive (worth it imo). Bauers toe ties are also just too short which is probably why they break.

Shop GoalieMonkey.com Now!
3 hours ago, Toobs said:

Money. Prolaces are expensive (worth it imo). Bauers toe ties are also just too short which is probably why they break.

I'm surprised that a company with the clout and resources that Bauer has cannot make a toe tie that won't break. I would advise anyone buying Bauer pads to ditch the stock elastic and put in reinforced ProLaces instead (Hybrid, Armour, Trav Spec, TGN Spec).

I'm curious to see any on-ice reviews with the Shadows and to see how their performance compares to Ultrasonic and Mach.

23 hours ago, ilyazhito said:

I'm surprised that a company with the clout and resources that Bauer has cannot make a toe tie that won't break. I would advise anyone buying Bauer pads to ditch the stock elastic and put in reinforced ProLaces instead (Hybrid, Armour, Trav Spec, TGN Spec).

I'm curious to see any on-ice reviews with the Shadows and to see how their performance compares to Ultrasonic and Mach.

Is any company's default bungee toe ties any good? 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Order placed!

Binding will be black though, not silver and I got a single tee not a double.

19D88A76-26BC-4204-99CD-55F6D704D470.jpeg

Hopefully yours doesn't get stuck in customs in Kentucky like my G7s have been.

EDIT: it got cleared 2 hours after typing this and will be here tuesday

Edited by ThatCarGuy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Order placed!

Binding will be black though, not silver and I got a single tee not a double.

19D88A76-26BC-4204-99CD-55F6D704D470.jpeg

Great setup! Can’t wait to see how that turns out!

I should get my gear within the next 2 weeks! I placed an other for a stick today. Will get 2 to refresh my UltraSonics, but with 2 different colorway! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Stock specs? 

You should know me better by now fun uncle. (my god that sounds creepy)

Shadow flex mid)

Supreme 120 boot stiff

Stabilislide knee

Grip knee

Shadow calf bracket

No boot strap

Skate lace toe tie

Offset supreme toe bridge

Trying supreme tune fit but will likely swap my vapor straps from my current pads onto these

Vapor Tune fit connect

Vapor 90

single tee reinforced

polyester lace

Pro palm

Mach grip internals

3mm DCT added to thumb area

I am now realizing I put no wrist strap... uh oh, although I think vapor 90 comes standard with one. Didn't have to pick that last year

Shadow blocker

no thumb pillow

stock backhand foam

• Like 1

Here is a like to my full deep dive: 

2 hours ago, maxtm30 said:

Hello guys!

The store got my gear on friday and I went to pick is up! I will have a full Mach vs Shadow thread up soon with a bunch of pictures.

Here is an appetizer!

image.thumb.jpeg.1b9baf3ad434389773b28582ae30de86.jpeg

• Like 2

On 5/24/2024 at 9:06 PM, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

You should know me better by now fun uncle. (my god that sounds creepy)

I am now realizing I put no wrist strap... uh oh, although I think vapor 90 comes standard with one. Didn't have to pick that last year

Yea, don't call me that. 

Vapour 90 should come with a wrist strap still. Pretty sure the only way you can't get one is by getting the Mach ROM option in the pro customizer. 

• Like 1

On 5/24/2024 at 9:06 PM, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Vapor 90

single tee reinforced

polyester lace

Pro palm

Mach grip internals

3mm DCT added to thumb area

If you select Vapor 90, there shouldn't be a wrist strap option at all...

5 hours ago, xmikex32 said:

Anyone know a safe and easy way to remove Bauer logos? Read a couple things about acetone but seems that’s messes up the jenpro/skin. Blow dryer get hot enough? 

The logos aren’t removable unless you have second price point equipment. My question is why you would bother at all

Anyone know a safe and easy way to remove Bauer logos? Read a couple things about acetone but seems that’s messes up the jenpro/skin. Blow dryer get hot enough? 

If you rub with a magic eraser hard and long enough you’ll get the paint off of the letters. You’d be left with a clear logo (unless they changed to dye with injection plastic this year)

13 hours ago, Hockey34 said:

@maxtm30 and @ZeroGravitas

How are you guys liking the shadow blocker over the Mach? Specifically the side wall which one fits the stick better mach or shadow?

Haven’t worn my set yet, I really want to take the time to shape the glove as best I can.

Held a stick and it felt great for me. Seems like there is a little interference because you loose the flexibility of the Mach protection.

The thumb piece is the Vapor thumb, so it’s not as angled towards the palm and not as flexible as the Old Supreme thumb. This is something I did not pick up on in my Mach Vs Shadow thread.

If you’re unsure about it, Go in store and try the blocker with a stick and see how it feels!

What pads?  If they are the raised logos, a heat gun will help them peel right off.  Did this on my 2S Pro set.

Chances are there might be Bauer logos printed underneath too on the skin. I found that out with a pair I got, the outer Bauer logos came off and underneath was the Bauer logo printed on the skin material underneath. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

The logos aren’t removable unless you have second price point equipment. My question is why you would bother at all

being vain, i want my blocker to match my leg pads...im ordering a set and deciding whether or not blacking out all logos or just having the Bauer logos visible and going to match it with a mach blocker which is black with white Bauer letters. Sounds like its more of a pain than its worth.