Bauer Konekt 2 2024

Shop GoalieMonkey.com Now!
On 7/1/2024 at 12:06 PM, UCLALabrat said:

The true website says they only do customs up to size 12...you know if they have any offerings in size 13 or 14? I'm wearing bauer 12.5 right now but my shoe size is 15. Curious if I'm locked out of the true equipment.

This sounds like a question for your retailer of choice when you get scanned?

9 hours ago, dean42mvg said:

what are these ?

how does it work ?

thanks

Wide fit kit to make the Konekts fit a little bit wider. Some stores will be issued these for use fitting customers, otherwise customers will have to buy it themselves.

You insert the metal bars into the rivets in the Konekt skate as seen below. Put the skate in the oven and bake it. This should force the boot wider.

20240704_194653.thumb.jpg.32b1840459f4782131a5fbbcc0836180.jpg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

make sure that you click the buckles down until they snap when you put the skates on. 

BE SURE to press the grey Release buttons on the buckles before you try to take the skates off, this is important !!!

Screenshot_20240705_150730_Chrome.jpg

Edited by dean42mvg

2 hours ago, dean42mvg said:

make sure that you click the buckles down until they snap when you put the skates on. 

BE SURE to press the rgrey elease buttons on the buckles before you try to take the skates off, this is important !!!

Screenshot_20240705_150730_Chrome.jpg

Do you think these new buckles could be attached to the original Konekts, or are the mounting points different?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Wide fit kit to make the Konekts fit a little bit wider. Some stores will be issued these for use fitting customers, otherwise customers will have to buy it themselves.

You insert the metal bars into the rivets in the Konekt skate as seen below. Put the skate in the oven and bake it. This should force the boot wider.

20240704_194653.thumb.jpg.32b1840459f4782131a5fbbcc0836180.jpg

Thanks so much for this information man!!!

I have super wide feet (4E in New Balance) and did not need this for my baking at my LHS. If anything I need to do the ankle mod to lock my ankle in a bit more. Other than that, love these skates!!!

4 hours ago, Cass said:

Do you think these new buckles could be attached to the original Konekts, or are the mounting points different?

I do not know, as I never had the original versions of these skates

• Like 1

On 7/5/2024 at 5:33 PM, Cass said:

I am 90% sure as the HF2 also has the locking buckles and seems like the OG buckles from the spare kit fit on them as well.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dean42mvg said:

does anyone have any experience with the toe sleeves that you put on for baking, to give you a little bit more room in the toe area?

thx

What's the question? Using them is supposed to be part of the standard baking procedure. They're there to shape the internal toe section of the liner.

8 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

What's the question? Using them is supposed to be part of the standard baking procedure. They're there to shape the internal toe section of the liner.

they didn't have any at Pure Hockey in New Jersey and I have to go back because my toes feel a little bit too snug. 

they said they think they accidentally left them in a customer's skates.

my question would be how much additional room does that give someone?

I use them for the first time tonight, and for the first time my feet felt connected to the ice. 

II've been using Bauer pro skates most recently. 

I definitely have to get them rebaked with the toe spacers, because my toes were definitely too tight.

it is a great feeling to be able to lean forward, without having to fight the rigidity of a skate that does not Flex

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UCLALabrat said:

How was trying them on in store without having them baked? 

I did have them baked in the store, but it was without the toe spacers that I need.

I will probably loosen my adjustments a turn or two for the next time I play

• Like 1

On 7/1/2024 at 3:29 PM, Toobs said:

Definitely bake with spacers/shims and toe sleeves. Will help immensely.

Yes, I got this sorted using an alternative procedure that popped up in some random "Preview" of the Konekt's years ago. The store didn't have any space kits available.

Recap .. my original issue was they were too tight (size 7, I wear 7.5), baking twice didn't help using the standard Konekt procedure most stores use.

What got them to fit perfectly was this procedure:

- Prep work: Get a 2.5mm foot warming neoprene boot (if they don't have the toe boot). I also had 2 pairs of normal socks underneath (since I normally wear 1 pair), since my were especially cramped for my wider feet.

- Set the buckles so that your desired tightness is the 3rd anchor point in.

- While standing in them, find the stance position that exerts the most pain (e.g. reduces the room available).

- Do the normal Konekt baking loop.

- Upon pulling them out and putting liner in the skate, put foot in, and make sure the heel is set as far back as it's supposed to be.

- Tighten to the first anchor point on the skate (a tad looser), and stand-up. Stay standing in that stance you found earlier (the painful one) for ~5mins (ideally with the cool gel wraps), press your toes down/flat (like you're pressing into the ground). The standing portion will likely get pushback from the store rep, as that goes against normal baking procedure (as skates with traditional laces can have eyelets rip, etc.).

- After 5min, sit down. Tighten to second anchor point. While still maintaining your toe pressure as much as possible. Hold this for ~5min and tighten to the 3rd anchor point.

- Sit normally for remainder of time. I did ~15min (I did the extra time, just to be sure). Mine took forever to cool because they were in my hot trunk in Las Vegas, so they came basically preloaded with a ton of heat.

They fit like a glove now when I'm in my stance. I have to get used to that "glove" feeling as I'm used to having space from the toe of the boot to my toe, but I think that custom mold feeling is the intent.

• Like 2

On 6/26/2024 at 12:52 PM, ZeroGravitas said:

Yep, skated in them maybe 3 or 4 times. Yep, came from Konekt1. No plans on using the flex inhibitor.

They feel pretty much the same as Konekt1, but with a little more width in the forefoot, which I needed.

What is this flex inhibitor you are mentioning? I see it as a feature in the product descriptions and was briefly talked about in the InGoalMedia video, although I can't find any true explanation of it. Where on the skates is it, and how do you do it?

4 hours ago, kat30 said:

What is this flex inhibitor you are mentioning? I see it as a feature in the product descriptions and was briefly talked about in the InGoalMedia video, although I can't find any true explanation of it. Where on the skates is it, and how do you do it?

Take out the boot liner, it's the hole in the back of the skate boot where your achilles tendon would be. You should be able to put a helmet screw/nut or whatever and that'll work.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Take out the boot liner, it's the hole in the back of the skate boot where your achilles tendon would be. You should be able to put a helmet screw/nut or whatever and that'll work.

Thank you, that's much simpler than I was imagining. Appreciate it!

On 7/13/2024 at 3:29 PM, KyleK29 said:

Yes, I got this sorted using an alternative procedure that popped up in some random "Preview" of the Konekt's years ago. The store didn't have any space kits available.

Recap .. my original issue was they were too tight (size 7, I wear 7.5), baking twice didn't help using the standard Konekt procedure most stores use.

What got them to fit perfectly was this procedure:

- Prep work: Get a 2.5mm foot warming neoprene boot (if they don't have the toe boot). I also had 2 pairs of normal socks underneath (since I normally wear 1 pair), since my were especially cramped for my wider feet.

- Set the buckles so that your desired tightness is the 3rd anchor point in.

- While standing in them, find the stance position that exerts the most pain (e.g. reduces the room available).

- Do the normal Konekt baking loop.

- Upon pulling them out and putting liner in the skate, put foot in, and make sure the heel is set as far back as it's supposed to be.

- Tighten to the first anchor point on the skate (a tad looser), and stand-up. Stay standing in that stance you found earlier (the painful one) for ~5mins (ideally with the cool gel wraps), press your toes down/flat (like you're pressing into the ground). The standing portion will likely get pushback from the store rep, as that goes against normal baking procedure (as skates with traditional laces can have eyelets rip, etc.).

- After 5min, sit down. Tighten to second anchor point. While still maintaining your toe pressure as much as possible. Hold this for ~5min and tighten to the 3rd anchor point.

- Sit normally for remainder of time. I did ~15min (I did the extra time, just to be sure). Mine took forever to cool because they were in my hot trunk in Las Vegas, so they came basically preloaded with a ton of heat.

They fit like a glove now when I'm in my stance. I have to get used to that "glove" feeling as I'm used to having space from the toe of the boot to my toe, but I think that custom mold feeling is the intent.

can you be more specific about what is a Get a 2.5mm foot warming neoprene boot ?

where do I get one?

thanks

I went back today, wore an extra pair of socks, two toe warmers on each foot, and my Bauer cut resistant socks and had them rebaked, and that gave me just the little bit extra room I needed in the toe area 🥅💪

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting my skates baked on Wednesday, but the shims are on backorder from Bauer. I've read just to use neoprene toe warmers on this post for the toe sleeves, but does anyone have any suggestions as for what I can use instead of the shims? 

4 minutes ago, casualT said:

I'm getting my skates baked on Wednesday, but the shims are on backorder from Bauer. I've read just to use neoprene toe warmers on this post for the toe sleeves, but does anyone have any suggestions as for what I can use instead of the shims? 

I still have mine if you need to borrow them. If that doesn't work out, I would suggest any neoprene-like foams cut to size for you, since it's basically a stamped sheet of neoprene.

Edited by keeperton