Warrior R\G7 line

Nohtaram

Got them in (the set on the right). I'm sad that I'm still a couple months out from playing, maybe I'll try to sub at some point.

First impressions: So similar yet to so different. I like the new straps except I'm not sure if I like the upper calf strap, feels a bit short for my fat ass legs. Could also be the effect of trying them on with CCM Pro kneepads over my usual Passau ones. 

20240714_111537.jpg

• Like 3

Shop GoalieMonkey.com Now!
1 hour ago, Kub29 said:

Got them in (the set on the right). I'm sad that I'm still a couple months out from playing, maybe I'll try to sub at some point.

First impressions: So similar yet to so different. I like the new straps except I'm not sure if I like the upper calf strap, feels a bit short for my fat ass legs. Could also be the effect of trying them on with CCM Pro kneepads over my usual Passau ones. 

20240714_111537.jpg

Sexy set. I love the use of mostly black with some accent colors. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RichMan said:

I know Chris isn't too tall (5'10ish) but he went down to a 32+1... 0_0

This just further adds to all the sizing fires going on.

he went down before the g7 in g6 and before that when he had a 33" he tied the block down to the calf with a lace meaning he was too big in the pad to begin with when in a 33".  prob on the lower end of the spectrum of 33" on the sizing chart then upper.

13 minutes ago, RichMan said:

Supposedly he's historically always worn 32's in Warriors. 

Mine fit exactly the same as my GT, GT2, and G5. I wear a 33 and my FTK is 19.5". So exactly in the middle range based off of the sizing chart pre and post G6. 

I don't wear the professor strap, when I do it does lift my pad up a bit. Albeit I wore it as loose as possible. If I wore it tight, I'd be landing on the bottom of the knee stack.

The confusion on the sizing of these pads is misapplied. The pads are the same size.

4 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Mine fit exactly the same as my GT, GT2, and G5. I wear a 33 and my FTK is 19.5". So exactly in the middle range based off of the sizing chart pre and post G6. 

I don't wear the professor strap, when I do it does lift my pad up a bit. Albeit I wore it as loose as possible. If I wore it tight, I'd be landing on the bottom of the knee stack.

The confusion on the sizing of these pads is misapplied. The pads are the same size.

Why do I feel you'll start a crusade soon :P 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Matt Hill of HockeyReview.ca agrees. According to his video, Warrior sizing has not changed. 

1 hour ago, RichMan said:

Why do I feel you'll start a crusade soon :P 

Because someone is wrong on the internet and they need to hear about it. 

images.png.ef12b9dbed8bfa005b0fa66fd510c218.png

1 hour ago, ilyazhito said:

Matt Hill of HockeyReview.ca agrees. According to his video, Warrior sizing has not changed. 

Yea, I posted that video on the last page. ;) 

He's correct in his assessment, I think what gets lost in the shuffle is the details that would change how the pads sit and why this is leading to confusion. 

I'm fortunate that my FTK lands dead middle in the sizing range so there's little ambiguity for me. In saying that, if I did like to strap my pads super tight, I'd probably size down. 

I should just get some pics of my set up on my legs to use for confirmation sake. 

Edited by coopaloop1234
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm only 5'8 and ftk of 18.5 and I'm leaning towards 31+. Now the only question is can I get custom sizing on a 31" pad, since they list that as intermediate only sizing. Does anyone know if I could custom order 31 with senior width and a maybe a +2  on the thigh rise?

I know I could get away with a 32 but I wear my pads tight and want more mobility as it is. I think my current pads are too large. 

Edited by IpaddyTECH

22 hours ago, RichMan said:

I'm only about an inch taller and opted for 32+2s. They feel just fine to me. I have a 19.25ftk

Edited by ThatCarGuy

Let me throw it even to more confusion!

I'm 5'6" and a ftk of roughly 18.5". I also wear somewhat large kneepads with Passaus and now trying out the CCM pros. I've always worn 32+1s with Warriors back with the G3 and G6.

With G6s I wore the prof strap and my pads fairly loose, no boot strap, and the toe strap thingy. It's always been good for me.

The only change I made with the G7s is to go with 32+1.5, getting that tiny half inch in the thigh rise. Felt the G6s were just a tiny short.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2024 at 3:56 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

This guys say he have  17.75atk he on YouTube comment so it’s supposed to be 20.5 Ishhh ftk 

i have the same size and I don’t know how he do it. I can confirm you my knee can stay on the knee  pads for sure 

Edited by Yzueblin

28 minutes ago, Yzueblin said:

This guys say he have  17.75atk he on YouTube comment so it’s supposed to be 20.5 Ishhh ftk 

i have the same size and I don’t know how he do it. I can confirm you my knee can stay on the knee  pads for sure 

Yea, it doesn't make sense to me. Especially as he wears 33's in true/ccm and those run larger than Warriors. So your guess is as good as mine. 

13 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Yea, it doesn't make sense to me. Especially as he wears 33's in true/ccm and those run larger than Warriors. So your guess is as good as mine. 

You bring up a good point. There's unfortunately no gold standard when it comes to pad height/measurement and of course, no 2 goalie leg is the same, not even on the same goalie.

Best method still remains to try some on in shop or at the builder's business (small brands).

I looked at the G7 pads again today. I loosened the professor strap and the calf straps to the max (those little clips) and tried the right leg on, no skates, strapped loosely meaning velcro edge to velcro edge, no pulling and the leg channel is kinda snug fitting despite, kinda like what I used to wear back in the day. Having worn  gutted V1 pads and today my GT2s which is very open leg channel if you ask me, the difference is major. 

Next time I'll bring my skates and my GT2s just so we can close this sizing matter once and for all.

31 minutes ago, RichMan said:

I looked at the G7 pads again today. I loosened the professor strap and the calf straps to the max (those little clips) and tried the right leg on, no skates, strapped loosely meaning velcro edge to velcro edge, no pulling and the leg channel is kinda snug fitting despite, kinda like what I used to wear back in the day. Having worn  gutted V1 pads and today my GT2s which is very open leg channel if you ask me, the difference is major. 

Next time I'll bring my skates and my GT2s just so we can close this sizing matter once and for all.

The calf pillow changes how snug the pad feels by a massive margin.

Currently, I waver back and forth with the pillow and I don't use the professor strap. It's not as loose as Pre-G6 lines, but it's relatively close. 

8 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

The calf pillow changes how snug the pad feels by a massive margin.

Currently, I waver back and forth with the pillow and I don't use the professor strap. It's not as loose as Pre-G6 lines, but it's relatively close. 

Finally played in mine the other night. It's definitely tighter than the G6s and didn't even think how the calf pillow could be the reason for that. I ended up taking off the professor strap also. I strap knee block to calf and it feels snug enough with just that. I have the calf strap at full extension and may actually tighten that down more. It's almost the opposite of how my G6s were. 

Unfortunately, I didn't get a good feel for them yet because I was also trying the new ccm pro knee pads at the same time. Turns out that I absolutely hate those knee pads, too bulky while also not feeling well padded when going down to butterfly. I'm going back to my passaus.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Kub29 said:

Finally played in mine the other night. It's definitely tighter than the G6s and didn't even think how the calf pillow could be the reason for that. I ended up taking off the professor strap also. I strap knee block to calf and it feels snug enough with just that. I have the calf strap at full extension and may actually tighten that down more. It's almost the opposite of how my G6s were. 

Unfortunately, I didn't get a good feel for them yet because I was also trying the new ccm pro knee pads at the same time. Turns out that I absolutely hate those knee pads, too bulky while also not feeling well padded when going down to butterfly. I'm going back to my passaus.

It took me almost three months to figure out how I like my G7's. The modular nature of these pads really does offer almost too many selections. 

My current set up is no professor strap, calr wrap on loosest setting though the outward most slit, knee strap down to calf semi tight and no pillow. 

It's too bad about the professor strap, they just didn't make it loose enough. I know that defeats the intended purpose of it, but, I use it as a stop gap to ensure my knee stays on the block while keeping everything loose. 

Current set up is fine, but I kind of miss how I had my ultrasonics set up. 

4 minutes ago, IpaddyTECH said:

How'd I miss that? Congrats! Sounds like they're good but not enough to dethrone Bauer just yet?

Probably because I didn't post about it. I was being coy. 

I'll be sticking with the Warriors just to have a matching set. The difference between the leg pads isn't enough for me to sweat about and, despite liking the Mach blocker better, the 7.0 blocker is totally fine that I don't feel the need to mix and match my set. 

My set is completely stock specs on the leg pads and they're the 7.0 blocker and catcher. 

Only deviation from retail is the colour and the INT liner in the catcher and a MED blocker palm. 

Edited by coopaloop1234
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

It took me almost three months to figure out how I like my G7's. The modular nature of these pads really does offer almost too many selections. 

My current set up is no professor strap, calr wrap on loosest setting though the outward most slit, knee strap down to calf semi tight and no pillow. 

It's too bad about the professor strap, they just didn't make it loose enough. I know that defeats the intended purpose of it, but, I use it as a stop gap to ensure my knee stays on the block while keeping everything loose. 

Current set up is fine, but I kind of miss how I had my ultrasonics set up. 

I'm actually thinking of pulling the nylon straps off my G6 and putting them on my G7s. I had them loose  behind the knee as sort of a final safety to  make sure I don't come completely off the knee block.

10 minutes ago, Kub29 said:

I'm actually thinking of pulling the nylon straps off my G6 and putting them on my G7s. I had them loose  behind the knee as sort of a final safety to  make sure I don't come completely off the knee block.

I haven't had any issues so far without the professor strap, but I've been keeping the strap a bit tighter than I usually do when going down to the calf. 

Since the knee block on these are quite long, I'm assuming it helps with this aspect.