Warrior R\G7 line

Nohtaram

11 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Probably because I didn't post about it. I was being coy. 

I'll be sticking with the Warriors just to have a matching set. The difference between the leg pads isn't enough for me to sweat about and, despite liking the Mach blocker better, the 7.0 blocker is totally fine that I don't feel the need to mix and match my set. 

My set is completely stock specs on the leg pads and they're the 7.0 blocker and catcher. 

Only deviation from retail is the colour and the INT liner in the catcher and a MED blocker palm. 

That is so like you to be all shy. ;)

Sounds to me like that's high praise for the G7's that you find the difference between them and your hallowed US's negligible. Sounds like a nice set. What did you do for colors? I'd love an intermediate liner on both for me next set of gloves. I have the 6.1 glove and love it but I have to tighten the strap allll the way to get it just right. 

Shop GoalieMonkey.com Now!
11 hours ago, IpaddyTECH said:

That is so like you to be all shy. ;)

Sounds like a nice set. What did you do for colors? I'd love an intermediate liner on both for me next set of gloves. I have the 6.1 glove and love it but I have to tighten the strap allll the way to get it just right. 

Red and Black to match my teams Blackhawk jerseys. 

DSC_5786.thumb.jpg.b52e494b560f287b8ca37ca60fac2cd3.jpg

FYI, you can't get an INT liner on the 7.1 glove, they only do senior palms. The second you choose an INT liner in the customizer it defaults you to a 7.0. 

INT liner is great if you don't have monster paws. My hands are 7" from base to tip, so I can toe the line between Senior and INT internals. With the INT liner, my fingers are completely in the stalls and there never is that feeling of slipping out. 

Nothing changes in regards to the feeling on the back of the hand due to the attachment points being an individual piece in it own right.  It's mostly in the finger stalls where you notice the change. 

20240725_084500.thumb.jpg.71436ddaf212237bccb0c939cd953369.jpg

Sounds to me like that's high praise for the G7's that you find the difference between them and your hallowed US's negligible.

It's mostly small preferences in each that I weight against. The G7's are lighter and more modular, and I like the softer boot, but, the US's are more stable when down low and I miss my 120 degree boot. I've kicked out a few awful rebounds in my G7's because of the 90 degree boot. Supreme boots just naturally deflect them away. 

I could make a whole pro/cons thing between the two, but the G7 is a very good pad that is in line with other brands stiff pad, but it still feels very Warrior. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

It's mostly small preferences in each that I weight against. The G7's are lighter and more modular, and I like the softer boot, but, the US's are more stable when down low and I miss my 120 degree boot. I've kicked out a few awful rebounds in my G7's because of the 90 degree boot. Supreme boots just naturally deflect them away. 

That makes sense. That would be a big difference with the boot angle. I've had those rebounds but also never had a soft flexible boot. Is that something where with a flexible boot you could point your toes more and flatten out the angle if you chose to? Like a technique thing? or are flat boots just always likely to have those nasty rebounds. 

13 minutes ago, IpaddyTECH said:

That makes sense. That would be a big difference with the boot angle. I've had those rebounds but also never had a soft flexible boot. Is that something where with a flexible boot you could point your toes more and flatten out the angle if you chose to? Like a technique thing? or are flat boots just always likely to have those nasty rebounds. 

I can point my toes if I want to, but it's mostly positioning and reactions and not the fault of the pads, just me. 

On 7/24/2024 at 2:15 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

It took me almost three months to figure out how I like my G7's. The modular nature of these pads really does offer almost too many selections. 

My current set up is no professor strap, calr wrap on loosest setting though the outward most slit, knee strap down to calf semi tight and no pillow. 

It's too bad about the professor strap, they just didn't make it loose enough. I know that defeats the intended purpose of it, but, I use it as a stop gap to ensure my knee stays on the block while keeping everything loose. 

Current set up is fine, but I kind of miss how I had my ultrasonics set up. 

What I did notice with the professor strap on these is that it's on an angle compared to other brands/makes that have it set-up straight across below the back of the knee. This alone plays a little on the length of the strap.

On 7/24/2024 at 5:00 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

I haven't had any issues so far without the professor strap, but I've been keeping the strap a bit tighter than I usually do when going down to the calf. 

Since the knee block on these are quite long, I'm assuming it helps with this aspect. 

With the absence of the prof. strap, if your toe ties are short, like the bungee ones, that can act in a way to keep the pads closer and higher on your leg for the most part. I assume that using their boot strap as well, tight or loose, can further secure the height of the pads by preventing forward slide or extra pitch. 

22 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Red and Black to match my teams Blackhawk jerseys. 

DSC_5786.thumb.jpg.b52e494b560f287b8ca37ca60fac2cd3.jpg

FYI, you can't get an INT liner on the 7.1 glove, they only do senior palms. The second you choose an INT liner in the customizer it defaults you to a 7.0. 

INT liner is great if you don't have monster paws. My hands are 7" from base to tip, so I can toe the line between Senior and INT internals. With the INT liner, my fingers are completely in the stalls and there never is that feeling of slipping out. 

Nothing changes in regards to the feeling on the back of the hand due to the attachment points being an individual piece in it own right.  It's mostly in the finger stalls where you notice the change. 

20240725_084500.thumb.jpg.71436ddaf212237bccb0c939cd953369.jpg

I could make a whole pro/cons thing between the two, but the G7 is a very good pad that is in line with other brands stiff pad, but it still feels very Warrior. 

Did you get the Pro or the RTL? If the Pro, is the boot with the hinge or not? I forgot to look when I was at the store.

1 hour ago, RichMan said:

With the absence of the prof. strap, if your toe ties are short, like the bungee ones, that can act in a way to keep the pads closer and higher on your leg for the most part. I assume that using their boot strap as well, tight or loose, can further secure the height of the pads by preventing forward slide or extra pitch. 

I like my pads on the looser side and I used TGN Pro Laces. So there's a slight bit of slack and then bungee. 

Pads "hang" off my foot a little bit. I also use the boot strap on these, albeit loose, as it keeps the top of my boot inside the calf wrap. Since I don't use the calf pillows, I was constantly having the inside part of the calf wrap get caught up in my boot. With the pillows it's a non factor. 

55 minutes ago, RichMan said:

Did you get the Pro or the RTL? If the Pro, is the boot with the hinge or not? I forgot to look when I was at the store.

RTL. Stock specs, so with the hinge boot.

• 1 month later...

For those of you have felt any slipping issues with your Warrior gloves. I know the Hockey Reviews guy has talked about it. After looking at my Vapor90 internals I had Sara from PAW construct a design that’s similar. 

Have yet to use the glove yet, so I still have some tinkering to do. 
Initial thoughts are: it works as designed your whole hand feels more snug.

But it but does change the snappy closure a bit so it will probably need more breaking in.

IMG_0989.jpeg

IMG_0988.jpeg

Edited by RedX
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, RedX said:

For those of you have felt any slipping issues with your Warrior gloves. I know the Hockey Reviews guy has talked about it. After looking at my Vapor90 internals I had Sara from PAW construct a design that’s similar. 

Have yet to use it yet so still some tinkering to do. 
Initial thoughts are works as designed, but does change the snappy closure a bit so it will probably need more breaking in.

IMG_0989.jpeg

IMG_0988.jpeg

That's sweet! How come you didn't opt for neoprene binding though? Can't remember if Bauer uses neoprene binding but I bet it'd stretch better 

1 minute ago, ThatCarGuy said:

That's sweet! How come you didn't opt for neoprene binding though? Can't remember if Bauer uses neoprene binding but I bet it'd stretch better 

I sent her these photos from my Bauer glove and sent off a few measurments and we went back and forth. Maybe Neoprene would have made a good binding, I don’t think either of us thought of it.

IMG_0902.jpeg

IMG_0903.jpeg

36 minutes ago, RedX said:

I sent her these photos from my Bauer glove and sent off a few measurments and we went back and forth. Maybe Neoprene would have made a good binding, I don’t think either of us thought of it.

IMG_0902.jpeg

IMG_0903.jpeg

Interesting and very good to know! Wonder why Bauer opted for nylon there other than ease of production 

4 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Interesting and very good to know! Wonder why Bauer opted for nylon there other than ease of production 

I think you nailed it with ease of production. But I am liking the feel so far, but does need to be worked in. 

Probably the biggest "mod" I've ever done to any piece of gear. 

Sliced off of wrist protection of the blocker. Always felt it getting in the way and with how low my arms come down on my C/A, this part is almost redundant. I loved the lack of cuff on my Mach, so here I am chasing the dragon with Warrior. 

I've played the last two ice times with it tucked up and it's been an improvement, although only a mild one. 

WhatsAppImage2024-08-30at10_18_07.thumb.jpeg.b3c71aa180c2edb285bfe55e974206e9.jpegWhatsAppImage2024-08-30at10_18.07(1).thumb.jpeg.e4d446c847e36185afd4981a9002a6a5.jpegWhatsAppImage2024-08-30at10_18_08.thumb.jpeg.66cd6f4f731c3da79ff363db453408ca.jpegWhatsAppImage2024-08-30at10_18.07(2).thumb.jpeg.4e523c10e8b6311eadd0ca783ef332f7.jpeg

Edited by coopaloop1234
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Probably the biggest "mod" I've ever done to any piece of gear. 

Sliced off of wrist protection of the blocker. Always felt it getting in the way and with how low my arms come down on my C/A, this part is almost redundant. I loved the lack of cuff on my Mach, so here I am chasing the dragon with Warrior. 

I've played the last two ice times with it tucked up and it's been an improvement, although only a mild one. 

WhatsAppImage2024-08-30at10_18_07.thumb.jpeg.b3c71aa180c2edb285bfe55e974206e9.jpegWhatsAppImage2024-08-30at10_18.07(1).thumb.jpeg.e4d446c847e36185afd4981a9002a6a5.jpegWhatsAppImage2024-08-30at10_18_08.thumb.jpeg.66cd6f4f731c3da79ff363db453408ca.jpegWhatsAppImage2024-08-30at10_18.07(2).thumb.jpeg.4e523c10e8b6311eadd0ca783ef332f7.jpeg

I've been caught there once or twice, didn't feel good. I'd rather keep that padding there.

On 8/29/2024 at 11:07 AM, RedX said:

Have yet to use the glove yet, so I still have some tinkering to do. 
Initial thoughts are: it works as designed your whole hand feels more snug.

But it but does change the snappy closure a bit so it will probably need more breaking in.

IMG_0989.jpeg

IMG_0988.jpeg

Been brainstorming something similar just not as thick. More info soon maybe.