2023-24 Gear Sitings

A.YOUNGoalie13

17 minutes ago, keeperton said:

Similarly, I see weird slamming against elastic toe ties (even the Pro Laces version with lace from the notch to the pad, elastic otherwise) along with keeping it looser. I'd also argue that getting rid of the boot strap has done wonders for people's ankle, knees, and hips in terms of an anchor point (I won't claim anything about injury, no way to ethically test that).

I'm loving the connected feel of the FRS sans boot strap. Open feel where it matters, connected/tight so you can feel the movement in the pad.

I've been on a similar journey of getting continuously stiffer on my pads, and "loosening" them, but loose to me is pretty different when I used to crank down leather straps back in the day. I could never do a glove without a wrist strap unless the rest of it death gripped me in, my hands are far too dainty.

I'm more and more interested in the FRS strap. It sounds like True has found the best of both worlds there. 

You ever tried a warrior glove? Coop and I can tell you just how wonderful they are. We thinking about writtng a song about them. ;) But seriously, I have the dainty hands thing too and yes, I have the warrior's hand strap" is stupid tight, but it works. No slipping, great catching. An intermediate liner would do even better at this so there's great potential. 

• Like 1

Shop GoalieMonkey.com Now!
19 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

A cherished classic.

1 hour ago, IpaddyTECH said:

I'm more and more interested in the FRS strap. It sounds like True has found the best of both worlds there. 

You ever tried a warrior glove? Coop and I can tell you just how wonderful they are. We thinking about writtng a song about them. ;) But seriously, I have the dainty hands thing too and yes, I have the warrior's hand strap" is stupid tight, but it works. No slipping, great catching. An intermediate liner would do even better at this so there's great potential. 

I have tried a few on. Haven't found the exact happy medium I'm looking for in them, but I do like them.

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Just need more "wrist" exercises. 

cop-jerk.gif.24b861b08719c376f563a8feae82aa1f.gif

Nah, I've got tendinitis, so even that sucks. Lacrosse in high school cooked my hands, as did hockey and being the guy running the oven at a pizza place, and working with microelectronics under a microscope.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, IpaddyTECH said:

https://sidelineswap.com/gear/hockey/goalie/goalie-full-sets/8429940-bauer-like-new-oettinger-pro-return-shadow-set?utm_source=Iterable&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=goalie

Interesting Bauer specs here on an Oettinger set. Apparently Bauer does do custom taller thigh-rises... at least for their poster boy haha 

There's traces of this hidden in the Bauer Excel custom order form, hopefully they bring custom sizing to retail one day.

BExOrderForm.png.76773b2e925c2b810718897de0ff884a.png

• Like 1

On 7/26/2024 at 4:58 PM, IpaddyTECH said:

https://sidelineswap.com/gear/hockey/goalie/goalie-full-sets/8429940-bauer-like-new-oettinger-pro-return-shadow-set?utm_source=Iterable&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=goalie

Interesting Bauer specs here on an Oettinger set. Apparently Bauer does do custom taller thigh-rises... at least for their poster boy haha 

Dillon Kelly (ECHL) does the same specs too. 

It's essentially a Large knee block set up on a XL chassis. 

On 7/26/2024 at 5:55 PM, ZeroGravitas said:

There's traces of this hidden in the Bauer Excel custom order form, hopefully they bring custom sizing to retail one day.

BExOrderForm.png.76773b2e925c2b810718897de0ff884a.png

You have many secrets to share.