2023-24 Gear Sitings

A.YOUNGoalie13

14 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Shitting on Blaze and True sticks

FullSizeRender.MOV

Was kind of hoping to see CarGuy in there. Too bad. 

1 hour ago, johncho said:

Aren't Goalies allowed to play to the end of the play with a broken stick?

I know the half you had in your hand was pretty useless.

Sure, but he'd be playing with a stick that has essentially a nunchuck on the end of it. 

Shop GoalieMonkey.com Now!
On 12/12/2023 at 12:59 AM, ThatCarGuy said:

Here's my favorite set of the khl all star series. Made by Mark Hockey and uses printed jenpro and patches all sewn together. Imo the printed graphic across the whole sliding surface and backhand of the gloves are giving bauer a run for its money

Screenshot_20231211_155226_Instagram.thumb.jpg.6ba4d43b3f999b8659dac656ee718289.jpg

Screenshot_20231211_155512_Instagram.thumb.jpg.5c1e20f22e7a69f09f354f2920b53c21.jpg

Screenshot_20231211_155711_Instagram.thumb.jpg.f4c252898bad0ec9a146cd5328e84048.jpg

Mark Hockey is now actively exploring the KHL and perhaps, when the situation allows, he will try to go to Europe and North America. like Micklin once did. the set you showed is impressive, but I and many people have an ambiguous attitude towards MH

2 hours ago, ser33 said:

Mark Hockey is now actively exploring the KHL and perhaps, when the situation allows, he will try to go to Europe and North America. like Micklin once did. the set you showed is impressive, but I and many people have an ambiguous attitude towards MH

Would you expand on this?

20 minutes ago, keeperton said:

Would you expand on this?

disclaimer. The opinion is purely subjective and refers to their early products. the new lines may have improved, it’s not for nothing that they are used in the KHL. Initially, the guys made clones of things from other brands, as many small manufacturers in North America do. but unlike them, the price tag for the products was at the level of leading brands. at the same time, the quality and durability were very high. The pads were our own design, inspired by Brians. and it was they who caused mixed opinions regarding performance, and not everything else. some liked it, some didn't. Then the guys expanded production and produced both helmets and hockey sticks. I haven’t seen any bad reviews, although I’m not very interested in the brand. a little expensive for me. but the quality and materials used are definitely of the highest level

• Like 1

On 12/13/2023 at 9:33 AM, johncho said:

Aren't Goalies allowed to play to the end of the play with a broken stick?

I know the half you had in your hand was pretty useless.

I talked to him about that and we both came to the conclusion that holding the paddle that was left wouldn't have worked out too well. Although he saw 11 shots the entire game, so maybe it would've been fine...

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, johncho said:

The flumpiest pad, zero rebounds

"New Puck Absorbing Technology. Frustrate shooters with Zero Rebounds!"

12 minutes ago, ArdeFIN said:

Hitting in the middle of the pad that puck could've touched his shin too. It went quite deep into the pad.

Especially since it looked like those guys were having a hard time removing it too.

On 12/14/2023 at 4:54 AM, ser33 said:

disclaimer. The opinion is purely subjective and refers to their early products. the new lines may have improved, it’s not for nothing that they are used in the KHL. Initially, the guys made clones of things from other brands, as many small manufacturers in North America do. but unlike them, the price tag for the products was at the level of leading brands. at the same time, the quality and durability were very high. The pads were our own design, inspired by Brians. and it was they who caused mixed opinions regarding performance, and not everything else. some liked it, some didn't. Then the guys expanded production and produced both helmets and hockey sticks. I haven’t seen any bad reviews, although I’m not very interested in the brand. a little expensive for me. but the quality and materials used are definitely of the highest level

Wait...you work for Brian's?

6 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

"New Puck Absorbing Technology. Frustrate shooters with Zero Rebounds!"

Is it actually legal to push the goalie into the goal with puck as you can push the puck and not the goalie directly?

I don't remember the exact phrases in the rules for this but it was something like that.

Edited by ArdeFIN

1 hour ago, ArdeFIN said:

Is it actually legal to push the goalie into the goal with puck as you can push the puck and not the goalie directly?

I don't remember the exact phrases in the rules for this but it was something like that.

As a goalie you should know that any contact is automatically interference, no matter what. 

Inside the crease, outside the crease, during the handshake lines. Doesn't matter. 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

As per usual the comments are losing their minds and shitting on bauer quality even though this has only happened to Bauer twice ever at the pro level. I've seen it happen to both ccm and brians in 18u and juniors. The cost of having a flexible boot break is having that gap or soft foam to allow it to bend and not support the face enough

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ThatCarGuy said:

As per usual the comments are losing their minds and shitting on bauer quality even though this has only happened to Bauer twice ever at the pro level. I've seen it happen to both ccm and brians in 18u and juniors. The cost of having a flexible boot break is having that gap or soft foam to allow it to bend and not support the face enough

Looked like a 120 degree boot, so not exactly Bauer's softest. 

5 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Looks like a skill issue to me. “He should’ve went down” - in squeaky mocking voice

• Haha 1

On 12/14/2023 at 9:15 AM, ser33 said:

Not gonna happen. 💀