2023-24 Gear Sitings

A.YOUNGoalie13

Shop GoalieMonkey.com Now!
3 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Lindbom got the call up to the AHL and still used his G6(.1?) glove but had to cover the logos. 

53327078116_2bdcc41d48_k.thumb.jpg.3a7e39d6d1c5e5715bf7ba0f68a5b42d.jpg

I feel like that has to be a 6.0 just based off of his past gloves and the angle, but I am second guessing myself too lol. 

Warrior doesn't make it easy to easily distinguish their two glove lines. 

• Like 1

For those worried about the shape of the iconik pads. It's not as bad as I thought. They're also much lighter than Gnetik V and didn't notice the precurve walking around. They have some torsional flex that helps too

20231117_154507.thumb.jpg.03139844acaca390bef4f9bdd7bdcf60.jpg

As for the glove, not a huge fan. Feels a little like a 580 and the finger seal is terrible. Not a fan of the new shape. I'm sure it funnels better but if I ordered a set I'd order a gnetik 4 or 5 glove.

20231117_153930.thumb.jpg.8d46ec925d2a4989172d03fc09f91601.jpg

Blocker is still a little sloppy and needs that extra backhand "anderson" padding like @TheGoalNet ordered. 

The glove isn't a deal breaker by any means and it's probably the only full set available right now that I'd be comfortable using right off the shelf (besides G6).

No this is not my set just one that I tried on in store

Edited by ThatCarGuy
  • Like 2

I was told by the Kraken Team Store that the Winter Classic jerseys and merch is launching on the Friday after Thanksgiving, but, looks like the jerseys "leaked" today on, oddly enought, the Utah Jazz (NBA) Twitter page.  Local media guys confirmed it's most likely legit.

How f'n amazing would our goalie look with mostly red gloves and pads?  Skaters could have red gloves and helmets with dark blue pants.  I'm a fan, for sure.  I'm not much a jersey buyer but can not wait to get as many Winter Classic pucks as I can find.

F_L10vHasAAblNp.jpeg.jpg

Screenshot_20231117-192143_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20231117-191917_Samsung Internet.jpg

18 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

For those worried about the shape of the iconik pads. It's not as bad as I thought. They're also much lighter than Gnetik V and didn't notice the precurve walking around. They have some torsional flex that helps too

20231117_154507.thumb.jpg.03139844acaca390bef4f9bdd7bdcf60.jpg

As for the glove, not a huge fan. Feels a little like a 580 and the finger seal is terrible. Not a fan of the new shape. I'm sure it funnels better but if I ordered a set I'd order a gnetik 4 or 5 glove.

20231117_153930.thumb.jpg.8d46ec925d2a4989172d03fc09f91601.jpg

Blocker is still a little sloppy and needs that extra backhand "anderson" padding like @TheGoalNet ordered. 

The glove isn't a deal breaker by any means and it's probably the only full set available right now that I'd be comfortable using right off the shelf (besides G6).

No this is not my set just one that I tried on in store

I don’t understand why you say the glove seem to be a 580..

it’s glove exactly like my gnetik IV 

IMG_5734.jpeg

Edited by Yzueblin

On 11/13/2023 at 2:57 PM, seagoal said:

Here's the press release photo

juh8it49l488qmbhbzl0.jpg.14667db55296b15febfde9c8279f0c53.jpg

All I gotta say is the players are lucky that they are a good team and winning games.  Imagine being a part of this marketing stunt if they were the Sharks or Oilers?

Bruno Benoit from RDS said those pants were the most dangerous piece of equipment he's ever played in/with. "If you fall on a rush or back check, you'll slide right into the boards a 100mph".

19 minutes ago, Yzueblin said:

I will go see in store tommorow..

i ordered a iconik set and I want to be sure then 

It's close enough that I could use it and probably not notice but the thumb angle felt a little different. I'll dig my gnetik out of storage as well

EDIT: my Gnetik IV feels about the same I've just broken in the thumb loop quite a bit causing it to feel different

Edited by ThatCarGuy
  • Like 1

On 11/18/2023 at 2:47 PM, RichMan said:

Bruno Benoit from RDS said those pants were the most dangerous piece of equipment he's ever played in/with. "If you fall on a rush or back check, you'll slide right into the boards a 100mph".

Maybe like 100 KPH. 

100 MPH seems a little extreme.

dusty-twister-the-extreme.gif