Daily Chit-chat

seagoal

4 minutes ago, chile57 said:

Its absolutely zero comfort here @coopaloop1234 but I can say at least it looks like they have a well thought out "plan" of sorts or at the absolute least - thought process. I just sat through the extremely painful "captain's meeting" for my league last night which was nearly an hour of wishy washy stupefied blank stares and no consensus... because nothing was actually put to a democratic vote...

"Can we push the season a month like the other leagues to avoid 11PM games the first month?"

"So how about Sundays?"

"Um no - we are asking to do the same night but start a month later. Weekend don't work for anybody."

"So no to Sunday huh? Guess we just stick with what we got. Oh hey - one of the other leagues is down to only 3 teams because they all act like clowns, we booted one team and now 3 have folded. You guys want to do some crossovers with them (even though I know most have you have already left that league for the aforementioned clowning)?"

"Um no. Are you ever listening? This just gets more maddening as we go - its like being at work and reasoning with upper management. How about if they are short teams - we use some of the earlier time slots available that night?"

"We'll just table that for now and revisit it. They need more teams sooo... "

45 minutes of my life I'll never get back. Sigh.

But anyways - yeah - fuck weekend games - they are for the birds.

Brutal. 

The Pros of being part of a massive conglomerate league like ASHL is that most things are figured out and automated. Their scheduling is done, mostly, by computer. 

But yea, fuck weekend games man.  

Shop GoalieMonkey.com Now!
17 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Brutal. 

The Pros of being part of a massive conglomerate league like ASHL is that most things are figured out and automated. Their scheduling is done, mostly, by computer. 

But yea, fuck weekend games man.  

Whether run by people or machines - there's just never enough common sense in the equation is there? But I digress. I'm just glad we are better than everybody. 😂

5 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

First half of my league schedule has come out, and despite our league being a "Sunday- Saturday" league, we have 10/16 games on Saturdays. My other league is strictly Fridays/Saturdays due to it being a smaller league. 

So now both of my teams almost strictly play on weekends and it's driving me nuts. 

Not only do I hate only playing on the weekend (would prefer it be split up), but now I run the risk of missing games due to scheduling conflicts, and missing time from being with my wife and kid. 

Frustrating. 

Plot twist: your wife and kid were in on it and plan to do the coolest things together when you're gone.

• Haha 1

Really random question here but not sure where else to put it in the any more information or even a spec sheet on custom Brian's leg pads? I've checked out their website and a number of different customizers and what I'm finding is they actually have less custom options than any other brand. That doesn't sound right for Brian's so they just keep the good stuff secret or what?

3 minutes ago, IpaddyTECH said:

Really random question here but not sure where else to put it in the any more information or even a spec sheet on custom Brian's leg pads? I've checked out their website and a number of different customizers and what I'm finding is they actually have less custom options than any other brand. That doesn't sound right for Brian's so they just keep the good stuff secret or what?

Talk to @TheGoalNet or your local retailer. 

Brians is super customizable, but it'll cost ya (understandably), the options at retail are their standard options that won't have an upcharge associated with it and are mostly in tune with what most people want. 

Since the list of custom options is almost endless, inquiring about those would be something you'd need to discuss directly with your retailer and/or Brians themselves. 

14 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Talk to @TheGoalNet or your local retailer. 

Brians is super customizable, but it'll cost ya (understandably), the options at retail are their standard options that won't have an upcharge associated with it and are mostly in tune with what most people want. 

Since the list of custom options is almost endless, inquiring about those would be something you'd need to discuss directly with your retailer and/or Brians themselves. 

OK that's what I was wondering. I thought I had read something like "you can get whatever you want with Brian's, it will just cost you". But I was just second-guessing what I had thought because the customizers are so plain compared to other's, even True gear. It's a weird world when Lefevre goalie pads, which used to be the ultimate "this is how we make em' take it or leave it" pad, can now be customized in so many ways even down to the width and sizing of just the calf wrap. Meanwhile Brian's customizer offers a few different kinds of boot and toe straps that nobody likes. Is it just a given that Brian's is the unspoken most customizable pad once you're actually working with a rep? Serves me right for shopping long before I can actually afford any new pads. 😅

The reason I ask is I have a bit of a hate/love relationship with their leg pads and I would want to customize a number of things if I was going to go Brian's. The calf wraps and knee blocks always look floppy and sloppy to me and it just drives my symmetrical brain crazy.

Side tangent: isn't this sort of a missed opportunity for Brian's? It's not a huge secret that many goalies play around with the customizers as soon as they come out. They're almost a form of advertising. If Brian's really is the king of custom they should flex that more and show more of the many options they apparently have. 

Edited by IpaddyTECH

10 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Every group needs it's whipping boy

You banned the last fuck head that was more obnoxious than me. It's only a matter of time till you guys come after me. 

3 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Him and his brother. The day before his sister's wedding. 

Just tragic. 

On 8/29/2024 at 11:47 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

Of course I am. Mods are too scared to ban me. 

This needs to be your signature.

I'd totally ban you on GSBB if that place was still alive. Why the ban? Internet cred...