The "Official" Beer League Championship Thread

SaveByRichter35

My main team won the league championship a couple weeks ago. Due to an unfortunate bit of scheduling, I had an out-of-town work conference that overlapped with the championship game, so I was not able to play in that one (team won 8-4), but I am proud that we started the season 1-4 and ended up as the top seed in the regular season and I was the winning goalie in the semi-final game that went to OT and got us to the championship :)

• Like 2

Shop GoalieMonkey.com Now!
On 5/22/2024 at 9:46 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

So do you ever lose? 

IMG_2730.thumb.jpeg.940115692d7dba7088aa4dc02318f942.jpeg

I was asked to sub for a team in a best of three finals in the 35+ league. Their regular goalie played game one, but left town for a tournament and would miss games two and three (if necessary). I was able to play well in game two and we won. Game three we won rather easily and we took the trophy. Little bit of revenge too, because the team we beat in the final was the team that beat the team I actually played on in the earlier round. I have certainly been fortunate as of late. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, WillyGrips13 said:

I was asked to sub for a team in a best of three finals in the 35+ league. Their regular goalie played game one, but left town for a tournament and would miss games two and three (if necessary). I was able to play well in game two and we won. Game three we won rather easily and we took the trophy. Little bit of revenge too, because the team we beat in the final was the team that beat the team I actually played on in the earlier round. I have certainly been fortunate as of late. 

My last comment stands. 😂

Congrats dude. 

21 hours ago, WillyGrips13 said:

@WillyGrips13, congrats!

Posted (edited)
On 5/26/2024 at 5:19 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

My last comment stands. 😂

Congrats dude. 

Easy answer - no. Loses are for us, less skilled 😀.

Edited by mik

On 5/23/2024 at 10:44 AM, Teezle said:

My main team won the league championship a couple weeks ago. Due to an unfortunate bit of scheduling, I had an out-of-town work conference that overlapped with the championship game, so I was not able to play in that one (team won 8-4), but I am proud that we started the season 1-4 and ended up as the top seed in the regular season and I was the winning goalie in the semi-final game that went to OT and got us to the championship :)

Congrats on the team win! Every person on the team plays a part in a championship season.

• 2 months later...