Lefevre going solo

cwarnar

1 minute ago, bunnyman666 said:

Trying to not burn up the credit card, especially since my Factory pads are just about paid off!

Resist the temptation!!!!

Haha, I'll try! I'll just live through other goalies who do pull the trigger on these solo Lefevre's. Can't wait to see all the custom stuff come out.

Shop GoalieMonkey.com Now!
  • Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Puckstopper said:

I feel like the other 3 names show intent to innovate/evolve the lines whereas the L87s will be their staple pad for those who want that design.  After all, it's easy for 4.1, 12.1 and 20.1 to become 4.2, 12.2 and 20.2 as the pads evolve.  They've also left themselves plenty of room for completely new lines in/around the existing models.

Just throwing this out there.  With the naming convention for the L87 (as in the year 1987), I'm kind of wondering if each of the models follows suite.

IE. 4.1 is their Premier style pad (came out around 2004?), 12.1 is their Eflex style pad (EF1 was 2012 or thereabouts?) and 20.1 will be their new style.

9 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

Just throwing this out there.  With the naming convention for the L87 (as in the year 1987), I'm kind of wondering if each of the models follows suite.

IE. 4.1 is their Premier style pad (came out around 2004?), 12.1 is their Eflex style pad (EF1 was 2012 or thereabouts?) and 20.1 will be their new style.

Hey now that's actually an awesome theory. Love it.

20 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

This is what came to my mind initially when I saw the model names. If so, they clearly intend to cover a lot of ground and clearly have confidence in being able to do so. Gotta like that a whole lot.

1 hour ago, Chenner29 said:

Makes a ton of sense.  I'm guessing you've nailed it and the 20.1 will look a lot like what Bernier has been wearing this year.

3 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Well done, the code is cracked.

1 hour ago, Puckstopper said:

Makes a ton of sense.  I'm guessing you've nailed it and the 20.1 will look a lot like what Bernier has been wearing this year.

I am pretty fascinated to see the pad. I was told by Bernier himself that he is NOT wearing the 2020 Lefevre pad. With that said, there is fine details going on because of contracts relating to the breakup... it would not shock me if the 2020 pad is close to that.

On 1/3/2020 at 5:00 PM, cwarnar said:

Looks like a modified quick motion strapping system... Plus something called "Fast Glide" for the Inner Gusset/Sliding surface... But only in white... Speedskin?

image.thumb.png.5dd60db690634d0f3a077842e85edec6.png

keep in mind the pro factory for CCM only had white speed skin as an option for the pros.

just because the silhouette has a single or double break or even the actual image have single or double break, may not matter if they are going to offer multiple break options. 

and considering the current customizer offers many, i wouldn't be surprised at all if one of these lines is considered a "SR" line and the others, "PRO" lines, and a youth/ INT line

4 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

Sure it does if you’re trying to drum up excitement!

I'm sure they've got actual promotional material shot. It's a matter of seconds to take that material, throw it into an image editor, and turn it into a silhouette.

Why go to the trouble of using a different silhouette when making one using your already existing images would take under a minute?

3 hours ago, CJ Boiss said:

I'm sure they've got actual promotional material shot. It's a matter of seconds to take that material, throw it into an image editor, and turn it into a silhouette.

Why go to the trouble of using a different silhouette when making one using your already existing images would take under a minute?

And that could be. Until we see the pix, we won’t know.

10 hours ago, LordOfTheCrease said:

just because the silhouette has a single or double break or even the actual image have single or double break, may not matter if they are going to offer multiple break options. 

and considering the current customizer offers many, i wouldn't be surprised at all if one of these lines is considered a "SR" line and the others, "PRO" lines, and a youth/ INT line

All of their lines at the moment are pro models.

Archived