Ultra Sonic - Bauer Supreme 2020 Line

TheGoalNet

Shop GoalieMonkey.com Now!
On 12/23/2019 at 10:53 PM, Telfo said:

my 2x set has some durability issues as well. Nothing compared to the 1s type stuff but it is more than fair to say Bauer has more issues than some other brands overall. 

Bauer actually made a running change to the 2X Pro right before launch 

but generally, I haven’t heard too much bad since 1X Pro was launch

its not as if other pads don’t wear too. If there’s an issue, please post pics and let it be known, however, let’s not bash things that might have been fixed?

On 12/23/2019 at 10:53 PM, Telfo said:

my 2x set has some durability issues as well. Nothing compared to the 1s type stuff but it is more than fair to say Bauer has more issues than some other brands overall. 

Do you have any statics or metrics to say this? Or do you just hold them under a finer microscope than other brands? Look up what "confirmation bias" is.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, seagoal said:

What was the welting issue?

The welting issue was more because with that original release they had to fold the cortech skin over itself to cover the corner that was created by having the binding at the back. 

That was solved mid cycle on the 1S at retail. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/23/2019 at 12:17 PM, Mroy31 said:

People like to jump on the legit original concerns of the 1S, but easily forget that the pros that used them used fewer sets in the NHL because of the quality of the internals. I think Dubnyk went from something like 4 sets to 2 sets, and Lundqvist they had to basically pry the demo set away from him to give him a new set. 

The original retail issues were legitimate, and the pros have EQM's to endlessly patch anything they need, but I think we're well past the concerns about general durability. 

Yeah...I mean...I have one of the original 1X demo sets, and while I now have the boot rip issue, the pads are far from falling apart. These pads have easily seen 600 skates in the three years that I've had them, but they still work like they did when I first tried them, and the wear really isn't as bad as it's made out to be.

I feel like a lot of the chirping about durability is being done by people who haven't actually used them to any great extent. The C.O.R.Tech wears a bit quicker than traditional materials, but it's not like it just falls apart at the seams or anything.

Besides, you buy these pads for performance more than durability, and they more than deliver on that front.

26 minutes ago, madguitarist said:

I feel like a lot of the chirping about durability is being done by people who haven't actually used them to any great extent. 

This for sure.  Do you remember the big social media buzz around the potential 1S issues when they were debuted?  "DENTED FOOOAAAAAMMMSSSS!!!"  That one was only going around before any of those people would have actually been able to get a set.

11 hours ago, Mroy31 said:

This for sure.  Do you remember the big social media buzz around the potential 1S issues when they were debuted?  "DENTED FOOOAAAAAMMMSSSS!!!"  That one was only going around before any of those people would have actually been able to get a set.

This is why I’m reluctant to talk about True skates. Pretty sure they have a major durability issue, but I haven’t used the gear and need to be fair about it. 

20 hours ago, RyanR3KC said:

So as they come out...Bauer 2S prices are falling.  Might be worth the shot

I had the same idea. Yesterday I have bought one set with 50 % discount, today on ice and I love them :) One issue is the inner calf wrap, because it fights with my skates. I´m using ProLaces and no boot strap. I´m going to add the boot strap and I hope, it could help.

21 hours ago, RyanR3KC said:

So as they come out...Bauer 2S prices are falling.  Might be worth the shot

They're all 20% off on the Bauer website, decent size selection in all white still. Sounds like some local retailers might have some sweeter deals too. Definitely worth a look for anyone who might have been on the fence

12 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

This is why I’m reluctant to talk about True skates. Pretty sure they have a major durability issue, but I haven’t used the gear and need to be fair about it. 

No issues with my pro returns and after my goalie partner got his fixed they’re going strong.