R GT/2

TheGoalNet

7 weeks and 5 days after ordering, my RGT2 / RG4 set has arrived (RGT2 Gloves, RG4 Gloves)!!!

Super happy with how they turned out, only thing would be how white on jenpro and weave is a bit off, but I suppose that makes sense (that they'd have different tones as they're different materials, not sure if anyone knows anything about this). 

Will also be putting on TGN Spec Pro Laces on there instead of ARS or lace toe ties. 

IMG_20190622_1403351.thumb.jpg.74c3137733391fc00e4477630e80d543.jpgIMG_20190622_1518398.thumb.jpg.2fb4eef8d483fa4152286602b5bcac8b.jpgIMG_20190622_1452406.thumb.jpg.a39cde952ae4e5156299e99fe94b2664.jpgIMG_20190622_1452480.thumb.jpg.bfec05e2ca56694358f704fed811669a.jpg
IMG_20190622_1519426.thumb.jpg.b8f10c8416b911801158a38e79391d44.jpg

Edited by gotc
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I got a chance to try on the SR GT2 catcher today at PHL and it closes like butter and feels a tad better in closer angle than my GT1 but the GT2 does seem a tad thinner in the palm than my GT1. Is it just me? Did I end up with a mislabeled pro glove? :o:D

1 hour ago, RichMan said:

I got a chance to try on the SR GT2 catcher today at PHL and it closes like butter and feels a tad better in closer angle than my GT1 but the GT2 does seem a tad thinner in the palm than my GT1. Is it just me? Did I end up with a mislabeled pro glove? :o:D

They did shorten the fingers to add more pocket, so that could contribute to it having a thinner feel. However, the GT2 Senior level gloves internals are the same as what you find on the R/GT1 Pro, so i doubt you would have an issue. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A couple of great looking sets there gotc and Coop!   I'm absolutely loving mine so far.   So far the Warrior pads are getting all the important game action and the set of Eflex's I ordered has been relegated to scrimmages and low level games when I sub.  Hopefully when the ice gets less mushy I like SpeedSkin better, but for now I just trust the Warrior's more.  Of course it helps that there was almost no break-in time with the GT2's and that they're the lightest damn things I''ve ever worn!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

There´s been lately some discussion about durability and protection of Warrior products.  I have used GT2 custom pro pads & gloves since august, so maybe little too early to say last word about durability. I also wear older GT Pro C/A. 

Last two seasons I used GT pro and this summer I used stock GT2 Pros. So transition was very easy, basically all the gear was game ready. Maybe the short stint with stock set get me used to little stiffer pad. I`ve used these about 3-4 times a week. The team I regularly play for, if we don´t have a game, we have a practise. I´ve also been often practise with pro players (including present and ex NHLers and euro pro). I am 100% amateur goalie but i face all kind of shots.  

Pads: No durability or other problems. The thigh is stiffer than it was in GT´s and now the puck really stop there. I really like the new softer leg channel. There´s a wear spot in top corner of both pads. The first spot came in the first ice session but I find it kinda normal. Time will tell how the stitching in knee blocks holds. At this point these are 10/10.

Blocker: When I used GT, I had to replace the internals. There was a big dent in the middle of the foam after one season and I felt shots too much. I ordered the new one with extra protection. First it perform like I wanted but recently I noticed that face of the blocker is crumple, I opened it and "extra layer" of plastic is already badly twisted , there´s also some damage in foam. 8/10

Catcher: I ordered 90 degree break. I find it better than the stock one. It is almost game ready and the protection is great. Ok, if some pro guy snipe a good shot and puck hit to the palm I can feel it, but no painful stingers. Only negative thing is the grey inside material, I find it little crusty. Maybe I would prefer some more traditional material. 9.5/10

After all very satisfied with this set. These perform and protect very well. Quality wise you won´t regret if you buy Warrior. I can´t see any major durability issues if you remember that these are also super light and any super light thing won´t last forever. 

18 hours ago, Korppi32 said:

After all very satisfied with this set. These perform and protect very well. Quality wise you won´t regret if you buy Warrior. I can´t see any major durability issues if you remember that these are also super light and any super light thing won´t last forever. 

I agree that the durability and protection on my set has been just fine.   It's been my go-to set since receiving them last spring and has held up great with no unexpected wear areas.  You make a great point regarding lightness.  I've pulled my blocker completely apart and partially opened up the knee stack of my pads.  The foams used definitely prioritize lightness over any other concern, but the good news is that the gear IS easy to dissect and therefore repair.  I'm tempted to put a pair of the dual-density foam knee stacks I built for a buddies older pads in these but don't want to sacrifice the light weight unless the current foams break down.

Edit:  One more point in Warrior's favor is their aggressive pricing.  They're $150-$250 below any other pro level pad on the rack, which does leave a small budget for repairs/alterations if you want to look at it that way.

Edited by Puckstopper

• 1 year later...

I received my GT2 SR pads this week. Here is what I've noticed and a few questions I have:

Holy friggin' light! This will be great for my health and game, really lolll. I can see why so many people said they are legit 11", as the outer roll bar is very wide, almost double that of my (FOR SALE 😉) Reactor 9000s. The thigh rise is so thin, it's surprising! Going from my Smith 1000 tapered boot to the Reactor 6000 slightly narrower tapered boot to my Reactor 9000 square boot to now the seemingly VERY tapered boot of the GT2, the difference is quite noticeable. I expected the toe bridge attachment to be more "substantial". Lacing in my modified Toe Hook lace system didn't quite look right (working on some ideas), but the Pro Laces seem to be more what works at the moment. The on ice test will determine that. The SR knee pads that they came with seem reasonable in protection (of course not pro) but again, on ice testing will determine that. I will be comparing them to my Bauer 1X and Brian's Optik knee pads.

Now, looking at the outer knee wing attachment, how many of you moved it out to the next setting? What knee pads are you using that forced you to do that? It would be nice if the neoprene strap could be adjustable like the regular elastics on other brands.

How come their patent toe tie elastic isn't included with the pad, even if they installed a mock toe bridge? At least the option of trying it would of been nice.

Can't wait to give these a try 😎

4 hours ago, RichMan said:

I received my GT2 SR pads this week. Here is what I've noticed and a few questions I have:

Holy friggin' light! This will be great for my health and game, really lolll. I can see why so many people said they are legit 11", as the outer roll bar is very wide, almost double that of my (FOR SALE 😉) Reactor 9000s. The thigh rise is so thin, it's surprising! Going from my Smith 1000 tapered boot to the Reactor 6000 slightly narrower tapered boot to my Reactor 9000 square boot to now the seemingly VERY tapered boot of the GT2, the difference is quite noticeable. I expected the toe bridge attachment to be more "substantial". Lacing in my modified Toe Hook lace system didn't quite look right (working on some ideas), but the Pro Laces seem to be more what works at the moment. The on ice test will determine that. The SR knee pads that they came with seem reasonable in protection (of course not pro) but again, on ice testing will determine that. I will 

Now, looking at the outer knee wing attachment, how many of you moved it out to the next setting? What knee pads are you using that forced you to do that? It would be nice if the neoprene strap could be adjustable like the regular elastics on other brands.

How come their patent toe tie elastic isn't included with the pad, even if they installed a mock toe bridge? At least the option of trying it would of been nice.

Can't wait to give these a try 😎

I've never used the outer knee flap, always removed it and gone down to the calf. These are used with the included knee pads. 

Also, all the pads, even the SR, should come with boot and toe elastics. 

If you didn't get those in your purchase the  you didn't get a complete set. 

9 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I've never used the outer knee flap, always removed it and gone down to the calf. These are used with the included knee pads. 

Also, all the pads, even the SR, should come with boot and toe elastics. 

If you didn't get those in your purchase the  you didn't get a complete set. 

The boot strap is there, and they came with skate laces for toe ties. No elastic straps. I'll contact the shop.

So I got an answer from the shop and apparently the GT2 pads don't come with the toe tie elastics. No big deal really.

So after messing with them a bit and tried them on with the Warrior knee pads, I tweaked them some and I think the best set-up for knee pads will be with the knee strap crossed down to the calf wrap.  My Pro-Lace set-up might be a nuisance with the pads not rotating back squared when getting up from my butterfly. More testing to come.

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Unless that's a Senior level only change they made specifically for the GT2 pads then... My GT1 Senors came with knee pads and toe straps, as did my pro GT2's.

Yeah, I wasn't going to argue about it. I might of not used them but I still was curious on how they felt. No biggie