Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

1 hour ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Any spec changes from retail? What size?

No spec changes since these actually ARE retail. I was attempting to be cute when referring to these as custom colours, haha. I just didn't want to go through the wait times for a custom order, and when I did walk through the customizer, there weren't really any options I would have changed anyway, so I just ordered stock. 

Size is Medium. And I can confirm 100% that the Shadow medium (34) is equivalent to a px3 33

20240823_113702.jpg

• Like 2

Shop GoalieMonkey.com Now!
8 hours ago, froese said:

I still have my px3 set which I like a lot, but also very interested in seeing how these compare. 

I am actually curious as well. I love my PX3 set but when I bought them I went into the store thinking I was leaving with mach's so I'm curious how you like the shadow pads in comparison!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Novasteel31 said:

I am actually curious as well. I love my PX3 set but when I bought them I went into the store thinking I was leaving with mach's so I'm curious how you like the shadow pads in comparison!!

I will definitely let you know! Just from slapping everything on a home, they feel a bit lighter, and strapping is nice. The tune fit+ strap is a little tighter than frs even with the adjustments as loose as possible, but rotation still seems great. And definitely not as stiff as the px3, but stiffer than eflex 6. So that's where I would slot them, in the middle. Boot seems flexible enough that it won't cause me issues and I like the stiffness of the knee block and the calf plate. Now, how this all translates to the ice is yet to be seen of course but I'm optimistic. 

Just now, froese said:

I will definitely let you know! Just from slapping everything on a home, they feel a bit lighter, and strapping is nice. The tune fit+ strap is a little tighter than frs even with the adjustments as loose as possible, but rotation still seems great. And definitely not as stiff as the px3, but stiffer than eflex 6. So that's where I would slot them, in the middle. Boot seems flexible enough that it won't cause me issues and I like the stiffness of the knee block and the calf plate. Now, how this all translates to the ice is yet to be seen of course but I'm optimistic. 

I will patiently wait for your response lol

I'm assuming the glove is just stock as well? The new slight re-design looks really good in my opinion

26 minutes ago, Novasteel31 said:

I will patiently wait for your response lol

I'm assuming the glove is just stock as well? The new slight re-design looks really good in my opinion

Yes glove is stock. I haven't owned a 600 break glove since my old Vaughn Legacy (yes, legacy...not velocity lol), but I did have the v9 XP which I realize people classify as a 590, but I always felt it leaned a little towards the 600 on the 590 scale, if that makes sense. Besides that I've mostly used a 590 with some 580 mixed in. 

Regardless, this thing is massive. I've never used a glove this big, especially the pocket. You can tell they've shrink the palm and loaded all that size into the pocket. It closes well and fits nice and snug. I've tried on Bauer gloves in the store and they've always felt really comfortable, which this one does too. Completely different materials inside compared to CCM True or Vaughn. Hope it holds up over time. 

• Like 1

On 11/14/2023 at 7:27 PM, Kayen said:

I believe it was the other week I was somewhat lamenting over in the "Show Off Your Action Photos" thread that I wasn't quite fully matching... or at all for that matter.

In any case, I took some steps to rectify that. Still not "fully" matching, but I can't quit Warrior catchers. 

PXL_20231115_022252178.jpg

Ditched the pad/blocker a little while back (and sold the home that picture was taken in)

Was very comfortable in the original GSX, and demo'd both Hyperlite 2 and Shadow lines over summer - decided to just go cheap with GSX Gen 2 Sz Sr S along with a used Mach blocker off Marketplace. 

Had my toe ties (TGN spec Prolaces with a 2" lace slack) a tad too loose, as I had it set to the internal offset. The Cortech on the Stabiliflex Knee block and calf plate are very welcome additions. I do not feel the need for PPF on these pads. Stability was fantastic with the integrated one piece Stabiliflex knee block - created for a great seal to the ice, and never felt like I was slipping off. 

Lightweight, straighter, and thinner than the original GSX, but still very flexible overall. Thighrise does not interfere whatsoever unlike the 7X3's I was previously in. Black straps and darker grey nylon is a very welcome addition as well to prevent puck marks dirtying up some of the white previously on the back of the pad. Strapping has changed on the GSX2 compared to the original, with the straps coming around from the outside of the inner calf wrap compared to inside previously. Adjustment is different, and essentially uses the TuneFit 2.0 seen on the Hyperlite/2 compared to on the original GSX which is moreorless what you found on the original Vapor 1X which i've had lots of experience with as well. 

Rebounds were decently hot - moreso than that of the 7X3. 

Here is a TRUE Catalyst 7X3 Pad Review (there will be a full video review uploaded at some point, as we did record one, but here's a lower level shinny footage (and my terrible goaltending) that accompanies it): 

- Pad sealing and stability is amazing, Knee block, for a lace in design was decently solid. Rebounds didn't kick terribly far out.
- The sliding material... Fast Glide... One word: Terrible. Other reviews have stated as such, but I cannot overstate this from my end. To even get somewhat decent sliding I had PPF applied on the knee wing, as well as the correspending area on the gusset. 
- FRS strapping is the best in the business. Nothing else comes close. Adjusting it so you have it at the same length each time, everytime is amazing. The way it hugs your legs, even if the rest of you feels unloved, the way it caresses your leg more than makes up for it. 
- Very stiff from the knee up - this is common amongst the entire lineup, this is great for most folks, however I don't have the hip flexibility to make it work for my advantage. It felt clunky in my skating as well as I consistently had the thighrises interfere with one another. 
- Blocker I played great in, probably the piece that made the most saves. Excellent balance, middling pop and nothing special on the palm material. Took a couple ouchies to the fingers (included a black pinky for 3 months). Oddly enough first ever blocker I've felt the puck through the board on making saves. 

PXL_20240823_053605242.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/24/2024 at 1:00 PM, froese said:

Yes glove is stock. I haven't owned a 600 break glove since my old Vaughn Legacy (yes, legacy...not velocity lol), but I did have the v9 XP which I realize people classify as a 590, but I always felt it leaned a little towards the 600 on the 590 scale, if that makes sense. Besides that I've mostly used a 590 with some 580 mixed in. 

Regardless, this thing is massive. I've never used a glove this big, especially the pocket. You can tell they've shrink the palm and loaded all that size into the pocket. It closes well and fits nice and snug. I've tried on Bauer gloves in the store and they've always felt really comfortable, which this one does too. Completely different materials inside compared to CCM True or Vaughn. Hope it holds up over time. 

That is a massive pocket

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, seagoal said:

So this happened while I was away.  This week was 7 weeks and the new set is now complete.  Super happy with it so far.  First ice time will be later today at open ice training.  

Screenshot_20240828_182344_Instagram_1.jpg

im very interested in how they compare to your M5's as far as stiffness and pad profile 

1 minute ago, xmikex32 said:

im very interested in how they compare to your M5's as far as stiffness and pad profile 

Noted, I'll take them out for a spin today and tomorrow and I can let you know how they compare on-ice.  Are you interested in side by side pics?

1 minute ago, seagoal said:

Noted, I'll take them out for a spin today and tomorrow and I can let you know how they compare on-ice.  Are you interested in side by side pics?

That would be awesome! some pictures i see they look straight like machs other pictures hey have the slight curve like US/M5s have.

4 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I am. 

4 minutes ago, xmikex32 said:

That would be awesome! some pictures i see they look straight like machs other pictures hey have the slight curve like US/M5s have.

Ok, I'm on it.  Hold please. 

7 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

I wonder what the board would look like if we did our own GearGeek style equipment distribution charts

Wasn't that attempted with a poll a ways back? Wouldn't hurt to try again though. Ideally it would just use the gear that's already in people's bios

1 hour ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Wasn't that attempted with a poll a ways back? Wouldn't hurt to try again though. Ideally it would just use the gear that's already in people's bios

Then we'd have some erroneous data, like 2 Battram gloves and 2 Eagle Passmore blockers

• Haha 3

On 8/29/2024 at 11:55 AM, seagoal said:

So this happened while I was away.  This week was 7 weeks and the new set is now complete.  Super happy with it so far.  First ice time will be later today at open ice training.  

I looked into a custom color Bauer pants but not available in Canada. Sucks. 

1 hour ago, RichMan said:

I looked into a custom color Bauer pants but not available in Canada. Sucks. 

Hmm, that's weird.  I feel like it's not well advertised or known.  The retailer I used honestly didn't think it was possible but I insisted it was, they just had to ask.  They got ahold of the Bauer rep and it wasn't a problem at all. 

Pure Goalie is the only retailer I know who advertises them and in fact, they have a great customizer on their site that I used to send to my retailer.  

On 8/29/2024 at 11:55 AM, seagoal said:

The stripes on the pants… be still, my beating heart!!! That is just absolute FIRE 🔥!!!

I wish I could do something like that… maybe one day I will, but for now I’m sharing the household hockey budget with my son - and he’s just a dime-a-dozen skater! Pffffft… lol!

Joking aside, I love that kid. He’s also super appreciative and grateful, and I would  give up all my hockey for him to play if it ever came to it

10 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

The stripes on the pants… be still, my beating heart!!! That is just absolute FIRE 🔥!!!

I wish I could do something like that… maybe one day I will, but for now I’m sharing the household hockey budget with my son - and he’s just a dime-a-dozen skater! Pffffft… lol!

Joking aside, I love that kid. He’s also super appreciative and grateful, and I would  give up all my hockey for him to play if it ever came to it

Absolutely my favorite part, in looks, of the whole outfit.   By far.

I've wanted pants with stripes since I was a kid.....lifelong quest complete.

Also, Bauer internal belts suck, a lot.  But I'm also coming from Vaughn SLR which are perhaps the best goalie pants on the market,  period.  

• Like 1