Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

14 minutes ago, RedX said:

Basically stock, except for the stiffer boot option since I’m coming from Supreme pad. Gloves are 7.1, 90 degree palm. 

Was curious of going the stiffer boot option myself due to the same transition. 

As far as I understand, it only affects outward flex and not inwards flex. 

Shop GoalieMonkey.com Now!
3 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Was curious of going the stiffer boot option myself due to the same transition. 

As far as I understand, it only affects outward flex and not inwards flex. 

Yeah, which wasn’t a feature I was interested in. 

new to me set of True 12.2s - college return from St. Cloud State that I got off SLS. Feels nicely broken in and I'm excited to get this out to some summer skates!

These are a 34+2 and fit similarly to my 35 + 1.5 Warrior G5s, though the single break/stiffer pad will be a bit of an adjustment.

pads2.jpg

• Like 3

not sure if this is a better picture - just excited these arrived! hah. I also slapped on my Prolace hybrids as these had some pretty worn in Kenesky toe ties, and I prefer the Pros

pads1.jpg

Edited by indykrap
  • Like 2

Just came in today just in time for skate tonight. First impression is they seem a lot smaller than my M5’s but the knee stack and thigh rise are only a touch shorter and when I tried them on my carpet with my knee pads and skates they fit perfect. I’m landing almost in the same spot as my M5’s. 

IMG_0182.jpeg

IMG_0183.jpeg

IMG_0184.jpeg

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, xmikex32 said:

Just came in today just in time for skate tonight. First impression is they seem a lot smaller than my M5’s but the knee stack and thigh rise are only a touch shorter and when I tried them on my carpet with my knee pads and skates they fit perfect. I’m landing almost in the same spot as my M5’s. 

IMG_0182.jpeg

IMG_0183.jpeg

IMG_0184.jpeg

That's the difference between the 90 and 120 degree boot at play. (height difference) 

Looks good. 

1 minute ago, coopaloop1234 said:

That's the difference between the 90 and 120 degree boot at play. (height difference) 

Looks good. 

Ya I thought there would be a slight difference I was kind of worried they would be too small. Tonight will know for sure but I tried on a large set in store, only size they had and they felt too big. The thigh rise was way out in front of me 

14 minutes ago, xmikex32 said:

Ya I thought there would be a slight difference I was kind of worried they would be too small. Tonight will know for sure but I tried on a large set in store, only size they had and they felt too big. The thigh rise was way out in front of me 

You'll be fine. At worst you may need to strap them tighter and/or use a professor strap to lift them up. 

I doubt you'll encounter any glaring issues. 

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

You'll be fine. At worst you may need to strap them tighter and/or use a professor strap to lift them up. 

I doubt you'll encounter any glaring issues. 

Dumb question but is the CRS straps just for a boot strap if you want it?

2 hours ago, xmikex32 said:

Dumb question but is the CRS straps just for a boot strap if you want it?

That's right. 

Professor straps will need to be ordered seperately. 

Though, the strapping connections are the same between the supreme and vapour series now, so you can also strap on your tune fit+ to your X5's if you want as well. 

6 hours ago, xmikex32 said:

IMG_0182.jpeg

IMG_0183.jpeg

IMG_0184.jpeg

really nice looking x5's! I'm jealous of the all black. I'm looking for a used set of the black but it will have the silver accents. 

8 hours ago, IpaddyTECH said:

really nice looking x5's! I'm jealous of the all black. I'm looking for a used set of the black but it will have the silver accents. 

Think the all black is popular now like the all white craze of a couple years ago. My M5's ar all white and i wanted a black set but couldnt find any in my size and color. 

Im still getting the strapping dialed in but so far so good with the pads. They seemed to slide just as well as my M5's and had some nice hard rebounds. I might try switching up the tune fit+ the vapor strapping it kind of loose and doesn't hug my leg as tight as i like with the M5's. Hard to make a final call after one skate but so far I like them.

Brian’s Optik double cup. Birthday gift which I requested. I have been wearing the gray Eagle double cup for 15-20 years. It’s nice to have new taught elastic. 
IMG_1943.thumb.jpeg.58b78ef1dcd65e6b896156c35d867873.jpeg
The Eagle cup will be a back up now. 

Edited by WillyGrips13
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

daring-today-are-we-spongebob.gif.6f3548c192d3784532ab10ef8693c3da.gif

I mean look, I know all white has once again fallen out of favour but I really just do like me a white set of gear! 

Of equal importance though is the fact that my team uni's are LA Kings colours so all my predominantly white stuff looks pretty good with it, if I do say so myself 😅

Just now, froese said:

I mean look, I know all white has once again fallen out of favour but I really just do like me a white set of gear! 

Of equal importance though is the fact that my team uni's are LA Kings colours so all my predominantly white stuff looks pretty good with it, if I do say so myself 😅

All white/black sets are fine and I absolutely get why people use them/prefer them. 

I just like stirring the pot while sitting on my high horse.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

All white/black sets are fine and I absolutely get why people use them/prefer them. 

I just like stirring the pot while sitting on my high horse.

Not to worry, I rarely take anything you say seriously 😁

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, froese said:

Not to worry, I rarely take anything you say seriously 😁

Smart man. You don't get 7.7k comments by taking things too seriously. 

49 minutes ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Decided to further stir the pot with my partially white (weave) setup. 

IMG_1226.jpeg

Beauty. Always love throwback Vaughn designs. 

• Like 2