Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

Shop GoalieMonkey.com Now!

Thought I'd share an update on my Verbero/Kenesky set.  As some of you may recall, after 1year of waiting and being treated terribly, the set made it.  

Ended up using it to mix results.  Most specs were met such as double break, V5 style core and strapping.  Blocker has med palm and is centered on the board.  Glove is medium internals and asked for beefed up thumb area but got full glove beefed up.  No complaints there.

Quality is good, performance isn't great.  First couple times I used the pads, my knee continually hit the ice. Could not tighten straps enough to keep knee on the block.  Some rotation straps solved that problem.  I asked for a bit of a tapered boot since it has a boot channel.  Wasn't done so pads drag on the ice.  Toe ties have to be left super loose to make it work.  Not ideal.

Blocker has no pop off the board and cuff has a design flaw which I hope to correct. Part of the cuff sits against the sideboard but will fold under the wrist. Annoying but doesn't stop me from playing.  

All in all, for a one year wait, can't say the set is overly impressive.  It does the job and until I get some funds in the bank will have to suffice.

PXL_20240801_173305019.MP.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Home away and alternate. The shiny paint makes these things look like supercars. Couldn’t be happier with how these came out

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Those are awesome! Curious what the actual turnaround time on those were? I ordered 1 custom Shadow stick a while back. Coming up on 30 days. I think it said 30-45 was the quote.

Edited by Smalls

July 9th for me, so looks like I'll have a present here soon! They look so nice. I'm excited for a smaller Bauer paddle for the first time. Went with a 24" paddle and trying the Pentagrip. 

Picked up a slightly used, not fully broken in, Brown to replace my CCM AB18. Started getting stingers from the college kids home for the summer after moving up to higher level leagues. Obligatory bathroom mirror picture. About 3/4 lb heavier than the CCM unit. First game tomorrow. 

IMG_2012.jpeg

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Wake42 said:

Picked up a slightly used, not fully broken in, Brown to replace my CCM AB18. Started getting stingers from the college kids home for the summer after moving up to higher level leagues. Obligatory bathroom mirror picture. About 3/4 lb heavier than the CCM unit. First game tomorrow. 

IMG_2012.jpeg

Hold on to that. It’s a collector’s item now that John Brown retired and shut down operations. 
I’m still using my 2100 I got back in ‘06. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Newish sticks.. also thought it would be interesting to show the difference between a bauer 26 inch paddle vs what I cut it to. It’s roughly 24 inches when I’m done. Couldn’t find shorter paddles in this stick for a decent price so that’s what I have to work with 😂

IMG_1169.jpeg

New Bauer customs can be ordered in 24" paddles for senior!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Yes, I saw that! I still like to have that custom grip on my paddles, might make my life easier or they could help me out by letting me have that grip customized… probably. 😂

They' have like 3 paddle options now, one of them is a trigger

I thought this was an original use of the graphic when designed, somewhat of an iceberg/cat scratch graphic……then I have seen 3 other sets in the last week that used similar styles. 

IMG_0926.jpeg

IMG_1023.jpeg

Edited by RedX
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, RedX said:

I thought this was an original use of the graphic when designed, somwhat of an iceberg/cat scratch graphic. I have seen 3 other sets in the last week that used similar styles. 

IMG_0926.jpeg

IMG_1023.jpeg

I think that has to be in the Top 3 (if not #1) design style for the G7's. haha. I almost used a similar style myself. 

What are your specs? 

Edited by coopaloop1234

37 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I think that has to be in the Top 3 (if not #1) design style for the G7's. haha. I almost used a similar style myself. 

What are your specs? 

Basically stock, except for the stiffer boot option since I’m coming from Supreme pad. Gloves are 7.1, 90 degree palm.