Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

Shop GoalieMonkey.com Now!
17 hours ago, Wake42 said:

Where did you find those? 

by chance. the guy bought them in the US but for 2 pieces, of course they didn’t suit him, but I already have them. $100 for new blades. I don't know if it's expensive or cheap

• Like 1

On 6/26/2024 at 2:47 AM, ser33 said:

by chance. the guy bought them in the US but for 2 pieces, of course they didn’t suit him, but I already have them. $100 for new blades. I don't know if it's expensive or cheap

That's pretty cheap, those blades seem to be hard to find now. I bought three pairs of one piece Trues from a pro goalie and they came with 10 sets of those blades. The part I like is they are 4mm not 3mm blades. Good score !!

• Like 1

On 6/27/2024 at 12:23 PM, Snowman30 said:

That's pretty cheap, those blades seem to be hard to find now. I bought three pairs of one piece Trues from a pro goalie and they came with 10 sets of those blades. The part I like is they are 4mm not 3mm blades. Good score !!

Nice snag with the 4mm blades. That is my preference as well.

4 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

No images, but just bought another Small Mach C/A.

Nothing wrong wioth my current one, I'm just so in love with it that I wanted to buy a spare before the went extinct, 

how's the off the shelf protection and mobility? I'm currently in a passau pro pack and it feels just so bulky but its super protective. only experience ive had is a simmons 995 and a passau. I tried on a vaughn a while ago and it felt so nice and mobile but have read protection issues with them.

2 hours ago, xmikex32 said:

how's the off the shelf protection and mobility? I'm currently in a passau pro pack and it feels just so bulky but its super protective. only experience ive had is a simmons 995 and a passau. I tried on a vaughn a while ago and it felt so nice and mobile but have read protection issues with them.

Mobility is fantastic. The arms are so easy to move in, that the only unit I've owned that has been more mobile was my RGT Pro. Protection wasn't as good as my RX3 Pro, but, it's only slightly less and the added mobility (plus comfort) made abandoning my Warrior unit very easy to do. 

Units Owned: 

- Itech Reflex 5
- Vaughn V5 7800
- Vaughn LT90
- Warrior RGT Pro (used the longest)
- Bauer 2S
- Bauer Hyperlite
- Warrior RX3 Pro
- Bauer Mach. (is my favourite) 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Mobility is fantastic. The arms are so easy to move in, that the only unit I've owned that has been more mobile was my RGT Pro. Protection wasn't as good as my RX3 Pro, but, it's only slightly less and the added mobility (plus comfort) made abandoning my Warrior unit very easy to do. 

Units Owned: 

- Itech Reflex 5
- Vaughn V5 7800
- Vaughn LT90
- Warrior RGT Pro (used the longest)
- Bauer 2S
- Bauer Hyperlite
- Warrior RX3 Pro

How did you like your Bauer Supreme 2S?

I had one and absolutely hated it! I couldn’t reach my forehead to swipe of sweat 😅

7 minutes ago, EilaOG30 said:

How did you like your Bauer Supreme 2S?

I had one and absolutely hated it! I couldn’t reach my forehead to swipe of sweat 😅

It was fine. I liked the body but wasn't a fan of the arms. I was also using a Medium and probably should've been in a small. I didn't use it much more than over a summer season and replaced it with a Medium Hyperlite instead which stuck around for a few years. 

Yea, arm movement felt clunky in my 2S. I eventually loosened the arm straps to their loosest setting and it made it more bearable. 

• Like 1

On 7/3/2024 at 11:40 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

[…]

Units Owned: 

[…]
- Bauer Hyperlite

What are some things about the Mach that you prefer over the Hyperlite?

2 hours ago, johncho said:

What are some things about the Mach that you prefer over the Hyperlite?

A lot of it has to do with overall fit, but even so, I do prefer just about everything on the Supreme line over the Vapour line. 

Arms are more protective and feel more square without feeling alien (like Warrior). The body shape of the C/A is also something I find more comfortable. Hyperlite was fine, but there were two gripes with it:

1. The softer more enveloping portion of the side protection came too high into my armpits. It took a month and eventually wasn't a problem, but even broken in it was "still there". Mach/2S doesn't have this problem and it feels more comfortable (though armpit shots can sometimes miss padding if I suck). 

2. The center belly portion was segmented into three sections. I took more than a few belly shots that hurt because it found the gap in between and I never truly felt like it was going to protect me. Supreme units are all one piece that goes across and has better belly protection anyways. 

In saying that, Hyperlite and Mach have both been right up there as some of my favourite C/A's. So it's mostly coming down to minor preferences over anything massive

• Thanks 1

On 6/17/2024 at 11:46 PM, IpaddyTECH said:

let us know how it settles in for you. Thinking of upgrading to one myself. I'm hoping it's cooler than others with the back of the neck open

I got one and I'm having no issues, I don't wear it that tight and I don't even notice it.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2024 at 9:42 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

A lot of it has to do with overall fit, but even so, I do prefer just about everything on the Supreme line over the Vapour line. 

Arms are more protective and feel more square without feeling alien (like Warrior). The body shape of the C/A is also something I find more comfortable. Hyperlite was fine, but there were two gripes with it:

1. The softer more enveloping portion of the side protection came too high into my armpits. It took a month and eventually wasn't a problem, but even broken in it was "still there". Mach/2S doesn't have this problem and it feels more comfortable (though armpit shots can sometimes miss padding if I suck). 

2. The center belly portion was segmented into three sections. I took more than a few belly shots that hurt because it found the gap in between and I never truly felt like it was going to protect me. Supreme units are all one piece that goes across and has better belly protection anyways. 

In saying that, Hyperlite and Mach have both been right up there as some of my favourite C/A's. So it's mostly coming down to minor preferences over anything massive

Agreed with you on point 2. 

Had a Hyperlite Chesty for a couple of months and those segmentations kept getting caught in my pants in addition to being too soft in the belly. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Had enough ice times in all of these to confirm your favourite? 

Maybe only 3 skates in the Vaughns and 3 in the CCMs, but I knew while putting together the spec sheets that I'd be most comfortable in the Bauers...

2 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Maybe only 3 skates in the Vaughns and 3 in the CCMs, but I knew while putting together the spec sheets that I'd be most comfortable in the Bauers...

You are a bit of a fanboy, so i'm not surprised. 

4 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Does it look like shit? Does it smell like shit? Does it taste like shit? Otherwise, it ain't shit! 

Now stop assuming and give them their well deserved run already ;) :P :D 

My PX3 set came in just over a week ago, I've since played two games in them.

Specs:

-Pads are 31"+2" (probably could have done +2.5" or even +3"), single break core, thin extra stiff thigh, long rebound, no break outer roll, single nylon knee, no boot strap, cushioned knee padding

-Blocker is a 595 (supposed to be 615), half cuff, straight finger, medium palm

-Glove is a 600, double T, game ready extra, intermediate palm (though I can't actually tell, but doesn't feel bad)

There was supposed to be a black spear in the graphic too, but it did end up looking nice/clean.

The compared with G3Netik and GNetikV are 32"+2" and 31"+1.5", respectively. The True pad is about 0.3 pounds lighter than the GNetikV.

The glove is pretty stiff compared to my Brian's gloves, which I suppose is to be expected. It's the biggest adjustment thus far and I'm still breaking it in. The pads and blocker feel great, the pads give off rather hard rebounds (comparatively) and slide just as well since the landing area is so much more rigid than what I am used to. They also actually sit up on my skate instead of sloughing off like my GNetikVs do (The 3s don't slide down, the 5s do pretty bad, frankly I think the GNetik/Iconik calf strapping is pretty bad since it does very little, too minimal).

I've only played two games in 'em, but haven't been scored on yet, so that's a good start.

IMG_20240629_164405.thumb.jpg.8ddec8872392fc72c35fb51cc08b4f66.jpgIMG_20240705_204215.thumb.jpg.197373ec939eb95e319c67291f25eb4f.jpgIMG_20240705_202018.thumb.jpg.0599aa157f0289ef2b89819c52d2d322.jpgIMG_20240705_201706.thumb.jpg.4cf85775940a278ae020e9f0f4d81569.jpgIMG_20240705_201456.thumb.jpg.842d238a322cfaccee76d05b736b696f.jpgIMG_20240708_143454.thumb.jpg.760c31fb7bdaac17631ecf8a2b41f54d.jpgIMG_20240708_143420.thumb.jpg.f1384dc1b4540c70dd776aa539d5e96f.jpgIMG_20240708_143405.thumb.jpg.e5b7ab1d9896ed64ed031ccdb476dbb4.jpgIMG_20240708_143357.thumb.jpg.b3c3654a78697bbc0962d49e907cb8df.jpgIMG_20240708_143346.thumb.jpg.c0102da49adc960c32f95dcb5cb2a97e.jpgIMG_20240708_143332.thumb.jpg.7471cd655a9e7c396c0485c6c592929f.jpgIMG_20240708_143217.thumb.jpg.07f84fcf76c144a6db6c2bb1bb7b7bb1.jpgIMG_20240708_143141.thumb.jpg.7806e5e7846042383265f04069a821f6.jpgIMG_20240705_204234.thumb.jpg.45831dcc82b671ede9e0b509b67a669d.jpg

• Like 8

Grabbed up two pairs of these. Really excited try these out tomorrow. I usually wear the mcdavid hex sleeves under my knee pads and the positioning of the ones in these are interesting. I’ll be curious to see if the padding is in the right spot so my knee pads don’t bruise my knees.

image.jpg

17 hours ago, keeperton said:

-Blocker is a 595 (supposed to be 615), half cuff, straight finger, medium palm

There was supposed to be a black spear in the graphic too, but it did end up looking nice/clean.

IMG_20240705_204234.thumb.jpg.45831dcc82b671ede9e0b509b67a669d.jpg

Coward, show them toes. 

I think the lack of a black spear in the middle is a happy little accident in my book. Set looks great as is. 

Though that mixup and the blocker mixup sucks. I'm guessing you're not too chaffed about the wrong blocker?