Kenesky's shutting down

johncho

Shop GoalieMonkey.com Now!
2 hours ago, keeperton said:

I'm not over this typo/misspelling. It's definitely a way to go out.

image.png.89dce98ce24c745734c7c84da304c3c9.png

Freudian slip?  They're trying to convince people they're sorry.

It's also some subtle affirmation to @IpaddyTECH's point about craftsmen not making great businessmen.

Is this arguably the biggest company falloff in goalie gear history?  They were in the NHL 3-4 years ago with their chesties.

6 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Freudian slip?  They're trying to convince people they're sorry.

It's also some subtle affirmation to @IpaddyTECH's point about craftsmen not making great businessmen.

Is this arguably the biggest company falloff in goalie gear history?  They were in the NHL 3-4 years ago with their chesties.

JRZ? Going from being the people making Bauer's stuff, to only doing bags and blades (I think). I guess since they still exist it's not as much of a thing, but still.

Also there was Eagle, they kind of crashed and burned. Did TPS get bought out?

Based on my own frustrating experience upon the notice on monday, (INCONVINCE noted)  I proceeded to reach out to other people I did not even know to share and inquire about their dealings with Mike Howard & Dave Wilcox (Kenesky). Based on my effort it is very safe to say that the amount of customers including the total amount of money stolen is very substantial!

8 hours ago, keeperton said:

JRZ? Going from being the people making Bauer's stuff, to only doing bags and blades (I think). I guess since they still exist it's not as much of a thing, but still.

Also there was Eagle, they kind of crashed and burned. Did TPS get bought out?

eagle was bought by vaughn and so was tps sherwood by vaughn.  this is the goal line only.  vaughn made eagle gloves already and sher-wood name for stick was sold to i think candian tires or some discount stores  and form there to some other people.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DL42 said:

eagle was bought by vaughn and so was tps sherwood by vaughn.  this is the goal line only.  vaughn made eagle gloves already and sher-wood name for stick was sold to i think candian tires or some discount stores  and form there to some other people.

SherWood is owned by Canadian Tire, and is back in the NHL actually.  Has been for at least 2 seasons.  Matthew Tkachuk uses their gloves and sticks.
I, myself love the SL900 sticks.  $109 CAD and they last forever, really good for playing the puck too.

1 hour ago, Naz said:

SherWood is owned by Canadian Tire, and is back in the NHL actually.  Has been for at least 2 seasons.  Matthew Tkachuk uses their gloves and sticks.
I, myself love the SL900 sticks.  $109 CAD and they last forever, really good for playing the puck too.

Bedard is their big client now too

What would help is finding someone local to where Kenesky is located...driving over and finding out what's going on.

A friend of mine's wife is a lawyer, she said in the US, unless the business is a LLC you can sue the owner personally. Dont know how it works in Canada...but taking them to court and paying fees etc likely isnt going to be worth it in the end.

4 hours ago, DL42 said:

Yeah, but it did seem like Eagle was mostly dissolved from that purchase (I play with some people that have the modern gloves, and they're both nice/exactly what you'd expect).

I didn't know TPS was ever with Sherwood in any capacity, though I guess I should have since I did know Wilcox did some of their gear design (long live the Cerberus pads).

13 hours ago, keeperton said:

Yeah, but it did seem like Eagle was mostly dissolved from that purchase (I play with some people that have the modern gloves, and they're both nice/exactly what you'd expect).

I didn't know TPS was ever with Sherwood in any capacity, though I guess I should have since I did know Wilcox did some of their gear design (long live the Cerberus pads).

The Sher-Wood TPS was a weird era. 

IMG_1072.webp

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2024 at 6:16 PM, SentryHockey said:

What would help is finding someone local to where Kenesky is located...driving over and finding out what's going on.

A friend of mine's wife is a lawyer, she said in the US, unless the business is a LLC you can sue the owner personally. Dont know how it works in Canada...but taking them to court and paying fees etc likely isnt going to be worth it in the end.

I know a guy who works with sporting goods stores...

The Happy Wanderer (2.06) | Sopranos Autopsy

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2024 at 7:37 PM, Chenner29 said:

Found the post:

image.thumb.png.aefac79b1ebcfc4637bad15e2d9b5d4a.png

That's pretty shady, since (and this was just snipped) their policy is to not even allow that.

I had my own lengthy wait of almost a year. Emailed every month, got the standard "up soon" responses. Do I like my set? Yes. Was it worth the wait? Maybe, I don't know.image.thumb.png.2b0e26d1d979a7fd7c3a28048957a15b.png

On 10/9/2024 at 12:52 PM, MTH said:

You can say that - Sher Wood goalie gear hit hard and went away fast!

Brodeur enjoying the moment

Pin page

Not that these were ever near retail.

Actually adding to the weirdness, they did do a run at retail of Marty spec gear as he continued to get it updated. 

IMG_1267.jpeg

IMG_1270.webp

IMG_1269.webp

IMG_1268.webp

• Like 1