Bauer Protocol

dustybender60

Shop GoalieMonkey.com Now!

From my sources, it's supposed to be released in a month or so. Not sure how it's in stores yet. There was a Bauer Proto-V line and this is the continuation of that. Bauer Shadow construction with modified toe basically.

I've seen these in person too.  The curve on the toe is P31 /W33 +, like it kinda corkscrews.   It's pretty strange.   

There's enough room under the toe for a puck if standing upright with the blade "flat". 

The purple looks pretty sick though.  

19 hours ago, Smalls said:

From my sources, it's supposed to be released in a month or so. Not sure how it's in stores yet. There was a Bauer Proto-V line and this is the continuation of that. Bauer Shadow construction with modified toe basically.

Seems to me like some shops broke ... 'protocol'

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Sure does. Think the Shadow stick with the PentaGrip.

This is their first Supreme based prototype stick for goalie, pretty exciting!

too bad the Shadow stick just looks that good, if it’s between that or a second custom shadow, I’m going with the latter.

Have one. Used it a couple of times, fire away...

Overview:

1. The stick features a new curve from Bauer – P28G optimized for playing the puck with a 77 flex profile
  2. The curve also has a new hybrid toe- square top, round bottom
  3.  penta grip with spyne technology- a first from Bauer
  4. SR 24/25/26 Reg and FRT
  5. 609 grams (comparable to Shadow)
  • Like 3

I've used Bauer P31 or CCM Crawford.  Those are great if I can remember to shoot from the heel, but I prefer to load up at the toe and fire.   Is the P28G a better curve for shooting from the toe?

If you've used CCM EF3, how's the flex compared to that?

3 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

I've used Bauer P31 or CCM Crawford.  Those are great if I can remember to shoot from the heel, but I prefer to load up at the toe and fire.   Is the P28G a better curve for shooting from the toe?

If you've used CCM EF3, how's the flex compared to that?

Yes, this curve gets the job done and gets the puck up very quickly. The couple shots I took in the game were a quick chip passes and not like rimming it on a dump with a lot of time. I’ve never gotten the puck up so easily or cleanly.

this is going to be much lighter than your eflex.

At $400 I'll wait on Pro Stock options or a lower price point, but the curve does interest me.   Unfortunately, I've got 8 or 9 perfectly good sticks with some variant of the Bauer P31 on them, 2 of which are still totally unused.   Makes it hard to justify buying new ones to the wife.   

I'd really like to see one in person. I'll be at the rink on Saturday, I'll check with the shop to see if they're getting any in. I'm not a huge fan of the P31, so I like Bauer is starting to give some other options at retail (like a P34 of the Mach/Shadow), even if this is just a limited edition stick.

6 hours ago, tgfoo said:

I'd really like to see one in person. I'll be at the rink on Saturday, I'll check with the shop to see if they're getting any in. I'm not a huge fan of the P31, so I like Bauer is starting to give some other options at retail (like a P34 of the Mach/Shadow), even if this is just a limited edition stick.

P34 is still my favorite curve, but I think that is just the creature of habit thing.

This P28G almost feels like a novelty. I think I would need a solid 12 skates to really have an opinion if this a game changer or just a fun curve for people obsessed with sauce

I'm a big fan of the P34 as well. Just figured people have been raving about the P28G so maybe I'd give it a try. Do you know what the difference between the P34 and their new CP31 is? I haven't been able to find any information on it. The P34 is supposed to be a price curve, so what's a CP31? Same curve with a rounded toe?

On 10/11/2024 at 2:08 AM, ser33 said:

Do I understand correctly that the lower the number, the greater the bend of the hook? or am I wrong? can anyone tell me?

Lower the number of the flex, the easier it will bend when you shoot. The P# defines the pattern number. P31 is standard and probably used by 80% of retail goalie customers, P34 is my favorite Bauer curve, and P28G is like Ovi's transformed into a goalie curve.

77 Flex will be softer than 87 flex

On 10/8/2024 at 8:00 AM, Puckstopper said:

At $400 I'll wait on Pro Stock options or a lower price point, but the curve does interest me.   Unfortunately, I've got 8 or 9 perfectly good sticks with some variant of the Bauer P31 on them, 2 of which are still totally unused.   Makes it hard to justify buying new ones to the wife.   

Are any of them the p41? I see them all the time on sideline but idk what it’s like

20 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Lower the number of the flex, the easier it will bend when you shoot. The P# defines the pattern number. P31 is standard and probably used by 80% of retail goalie customers, P34 is my favorite Bauer curve, and P28G is like Ovi's transformed into a goalie curve.

77 Flex will be softer than 87 flex

Is there a Warrior stick on the market with a similar curve, or another less expensive offering? Shooting from the toe seems to be my default, and this sounds like the perfect stick for me. However as an experiment its hard to justify almost $400, especially with how rough I am on my sticks (outdoor roller, indoor roller, ball hockey, ice and using it like a damn cane since I'm so slow these days lol).

Just now, tubby34 said:

Is there a Warrior stick on the market with a similar curve, or another less expensive offering? Shooting from the toe seems to be my default, and this sounds like the perfect stick for me. However as an experiment its hard to justify almost $400, especially with how rough I am on my sticks (outdoor roller, indoor roller, ball hockey, ice and using it like a damn cane since I'm so slow these days lol).

Not at retail, not sure in the custom programs.

• Like 1