Brian's Optik 4

jerd31

Shop GoalieMonkey.com Now!

Curious to see what type of mods/ improvements have been made to the line.

The glove seems to have a new segmented back hand, and I can’t tell if the palm has been rounded or if they’ve kept the traditional optik squared-off fingertip design. Sounds petty, but I didn’t care for the optik back hand and I considered asking Brian’s if they could use the back hand from the Iconik or Eclipse. If Brian’s added some type of enhanced plush palm liner like Bauer’s duraconnect, that’d be a huge upgrade IMO.

we’ll see if there’s been much change to the pads. I suspect they’ll use a knee block similar to what’s now featured on the iconik. Excited to see this line 

• Like 1

Product page is live too: https://www.goalies-only.com/collection-optik-4/

The pad changes all look like great revisions: the strapping and boot wear-guards in particular. The blocker looks interesting (with the "reversion" to the Optik 1 looking hand with no cross strap), I'm hoping I'll get to demo these all at some point and feel/see how the pucks pop off of their new board.

36 minutes ago, ilyazhito said:

I'd be curious to see how the Optik 4s play. Will there still be the FLEX, FLY, and MAX core options from the Optik 3 pads, or has Brian's gone with a different approach? 

They list the three as the current options on their website. 

Decent pictures and brief overview of the pads there. 

4 hours ago, IpaddyTECH said:

Anyone able to comment on the advantages/disadvantages of having the knee block strap come up through the knee block instead of attaching on the outside edge?

A closer wrap around your knee and leg would be an advantage. A disadvantage would be if you like a looser feeling pad this one doesn’t seem as adjustable as previous Brian’s pads.   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’m like 90% sure I’m gonna order Optik 4’s with the stock graphic in November- also contemplating doing the DX2 graphic.  Been playing around with the customizer:  

IMG_0734.thumb.jpeg.e2f0d1a314cf30dad37fd9637fcf9c89.jpegIMG_0735.thumb.jpeg.955e64c335d20b706d7c33a3615bc587.jpegIMG_0828.thumb.jpeg.b28e9dc146e7cb23cae2d8b745bee45b.jpeg

Neon green is my jam, but the latest one I did there with the cream looks pretty awesome IMO.  

• Like 1