New Pad Help

Oba97

I bought new pads and now I’m second guessing the fit. I am a new adult goalie. I got a good deal on new CCM5.9’s but I’m worried my knees are landing too low. I am 5’10” with a FTK of 19-19.5. I bought 33+1’s but I seem to be landing on the lower half of the landing block. I am worried a 32+1 would be too short in thigh. I currently have heavily used warrior R/G3 Pro 35+1.5 that I land directly in the center of the knee block. I like the pads but the thigh rise is so flimsy pucks get through. 

here are a couple pics of where my knees land on my CCM’s. I’m thinking about returning them and dealing with the flimsy thigh rise warriors. Price is a factor so buying new Warriors is not an option. I wouldn’t have bought new pads if it wasn’t a good deal. 

Thanks for you input 

IMG_4138.jpeg

IMG_4139.jpeg

Shop GoalieMonkey.com Now!

You're low, but not by a lot. A 33" CCM pad would be the upper limit for your FTK. My FTK is 19.5 and I'd choose a 32 CCM myself. 

With strapping and toe tie adjustments, you can get these to hang lower and fit you better. So you're not SOL, but it would just be a compromise in how you're able to wear them in order to make 'em work. 

• Like 1