2024-25 Gear Sitings

A.YOUNGoalie13

Shop GoalieMonkey.com Now!
17 minutes ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

IMG_3518.gif.fb6af842ccbcee0ededb0497aa139b15.gif

Starting the offseason testing off strong courtesy of goaliegearnerd is Adin Hill who I dislike very much (Logan Thompson is better) was seen testing an awesome set of Brians gear. Wonder if he’s got an iconik glove considering he’s a 580 guy.

IMG_3517.thumb.jpeg.c42e57e655f94007dcb242686ab1c329.jpeg

Can't see him actually changing out of True. 

1 hour ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Starting the offseason testing off strong courtesy of goaliegearnerd is Adin Hill who I dislike very much (Logan Thompson is better) was seen testing an awesome set of Brians gear. Wonder if he’s got an iconik glove considering he’s a 580 guy.

The glove is an Eclipse. The shape of the strap from the thumb is the giveaway.

7 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C93U1xTyA2V/?igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Not sure if he's rehabbing an injury, but his movement is nowhere near as smooth as some other NHLers

5 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Not sure if he's rehabbing an injury, but his movement is nowhere near as smooth as some other NHLers

While it could be true, I'd counter speculate that he's focusing on something else in this drill beyond keeping his movement crisp.

12 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Starting the offseason testing off strong courtesy of goaliegearnerd is Adin Hill who I dislike very much (Logan Thompson is better)

Going to revisit this statement as I like both of them as goalies. I'm inclined to defend him since he came through Portland was great here (also Hofer, great goalie while here and looking promising in the NHL). I think Thompson has a higher peak and I look forward to seeing more of his play, but don't want to do it at the expense of putting Hill down.

19 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Equip Manager:  what you want fam?

Hill:  Give me the Robin Lehner.

Equip Manager: Say no more!

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

I can't find it now, but years ago there was a video posted of part of the Washington Capitals goalie practice, where all three goalies on the roster were just tracking a person with the puck coming in and going around the net, side-to-side, etc. Holtby's movements were so much smoother and in-sync with where the puck was (not lagging or leading it) than the other two (one was Copley, and I think the other was Grubauer but not 100% on that) - it was immediately evident from that one clip why he was the #1 goalie on the team. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

No he’s just a fucking awful skater. Pains me to see him getting nhl starts

No way some guy said Hill is proof that you don’t have to be a good skater to be in the nhl😂

Aside from Hill and Skinner they’re all the best skaters in the world

Edited by A.YOUNGoalie13

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2024 at 12:23 PM, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Via GGN insta here’s Demko in EF7. That back of the single tee is very Koho esk and the blocker looks very Bauer inspired

IMG_3553.jpeg

CCM graphic looks like an Eflex 4 but with the spike moved somewhere else.

On 8/19/2024 at 7:14 AM, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

I agree, I just meant the blocker's overall shape. The back of my koho glove had that same stripe on the back of the tee

17 hours ago, keeperton said:

Yeah, that T screams of Koho and early RBK gloves.

Sales must be suffering - they're trying to manifest when the gear was good

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Not sure that this truly qualifies as a SITING.

Pens posted a video of Nedeljkovic mic'd up - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8mfI3-IRHo

At one point he catches a puck and there is some major tee deformation.

1.thumb.png.1154aa3460514b464310f7b6f504b5f9.png

2.thumb.png.5115c0a6ba0651739168a9ff2de63127.png3.thumb.png.d1f46c94b79f993f101384c46fcc8f7f.png

"People that open their gloves really wide" problems (this has happened to me with almost every glove I've ever used once they're rather broken in).

Edited by keeperton

21 hours ago, keeperton said:

"People that open their gloves really wide" problems (this has happened to me with almost every glove I've ever used once they're rather broken in).

Not once with my GT2 yet. The top of the T has to be reinforced or something.

8 minutes ago, RichMan said:

Not once with my GT2 yet. The top of the T has to be reinforced or something.

Warrior T's are so well designed that they act like reinforced T's but with game ready closure. 

GT line was a bit more malleable as they didn't use the same design as the Ritual line, but they were still good.