Is this used pad repairable? Need advice

IpaddyTECH

I found a decent deal on some Bauer M5 Pro pads which I've been wanting to try as sort of a gateway drug into Bauer pads. I blame @coopaloop1234. 😎  Anyway, the guy made me a decent offer and the pads look practically brand new except for some of the construction lacing is missing from the left pad on the inside towards the bottom in the leg channel. 

How easy is that to fix? Would any of you have any concerns about the pad? I'm not worried about the fraying nylon, easy to touch that up, and the rest of the pad looks great.

I'm just skeptical if I want to dive that deep into the internals of an overseas senior pad to attempt to re-lace that.

image.png.7cf560dc0019df2e9a04d0a78e7405b5.png

• Like 1

Shop GoalieMonkey.com Now!

I don't actually know so I just suppose that the pad has some internal loops attached to the front skin, and those loops are only accessible if you open the toe binding.

So if you dare to open the binding then easy fix, but if not then I think it's not possible to relace. Sewing those bindings is always done by hand and with a big needle and thick wax thread. You would have to figure a new way if you was to use the speedy sticher. It's really not very difficult job though if you can source a proper needle and thread.

That lace is propably worn due to something rubbing there, velcro is my favorite of destroyers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ArdeFIN said:

I don't actually know so I just suppose that the pad has some internal loops attached to the front skin, and those loops are only accessible if you open the toe binding.

So if you dare to open the binding then easy fix, but if not then I think it's not possible to relace. Sewing those bindings is always done by hand and with a big needle and thick wax thread. You would have to figure a new way if you was to use the speedy sticher. It's really not very difficult job though if you can source a proper needle and thread.

That lace is propably worn due to something rubbing there, velcro is my favorite of destroyers.

Thank you that was super helpful and kind of what I expected. It's theoretically doable, but it seems to me you would have to do it right by completely taking things apart. Which I don't think I want to do this time.

I will add to what has already been said by ArdeFIN. fix it only with parsing. Moreover, most likely you will have to completely replace the cord, which means a complete disassembly of the pad. no options