Konekt 2 and Bauer Ortho Insoles

Has anyone tried the new Bauer ortho insoles yet? I just got the Konekt 2 skates with the Bauer fit c insoles based off Bauer scanner saying I have high arches. I had horrible arch pain the first 10-15 min out and then seemed to get better as game went on. Only other area that bother be was the top area where the strap was, felt like it was digging in. Def taking some adjusting. Im running a size 12 skate with size 11 liner. I’m coming from the Konekt 1 skates size 11 with tydan steel and SAM profile sharpened at 5/8. I did the Konekt 2 with no profile and 5/8 and they felt super dull. Thinking I might have to go to 1/2”. Could also be me used to the SAM profile. Not sure if I should try this setup a couple more times or rebake with stock insoles or super feet. I had super feet in my original konekt skates. I run the bottom buckle loose and the top buckle tight.

IMG_0986.jpeg

IMG_0973.jpeg

IMG_0971.jpeg

Shop GoalieMonkey.com Now!

Went to a Bauer session a couple months back where they showed us the new scanner and some new products for this '24 season. They said they hadn't done much testing with these new orthotics with Konekt and that, depending on the foot shape, it might take up too much volume in the liner.

Personally I tried a B orthotic and it was just a little too tight, volume wise. I did like the feeling of the "fullness" of my foot in the boot, but in the end it was just too much. Went back to the stock insole and I've been happier.

29 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Went to a Bauer session a couple months back where they showed us the new scanner and some new products for this '24 season. They said they hadn't done much testing with these new orthotics with Konekt and that, depending on the foot shape, it might take up too much volume in the liner.

Personally I tried a B orthotic and it was just a little too tight, volume wise. I did like the feeling of the "fullness" of my foot in the boot, but in the end it was just too much. Went back to the stock insole and I've been happier.

I may have to go back to stock insoles and rebake

19 minutes ago, Wrbsti15 said:

I may have to go back to stock insoles and rebake

The C fit on the Bauer insole has an extra bump for metatarsal support that Fits A and B don't have - that might be causing you some arch pain - I have seen some customers opt for Fit B instead of C because they feel that bump is uncomfortable. But like you said with that forefoot buckle being tight - I think switching back to the stock insole will give you a little more volume.

4 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

The C fit on the Bauer insole has an extra bump for metatarsal support that Fits A and B don't have - that might be causing you some arch pain - I have seen some customers opt for Fit B instead of C because they feel that bump is uncomfortable. But like you said with that forefoot buckle being tight - I think switching back to the stock insole will give you a little more volume.

The lower buckle is fine. The top buckle was digging. I prob need fit b ugh. Says arch type medium but put me in a fit c high arch insole 

IMG_0993.png

IMG_0994.png

I went through a handful of inserts with my V1 Konekts (not these aforementioned Bauer ones, but I tried Superfeet along with a few others), and ultimately ended up going to Road Runner Sports and having ones molded to my foot there.  I think it cost around $90, but they made a huge difference for me.   

So I played tonight with my super feet without rebaking and arches felt great. Only problem area now is the top outside edges are digging into my legs causing discomfort. Will rebake tomorrow