Techies Corner

RichMan

Need help with a Samsung tablet.

The original user gave it to my mother. She's not into these gadgets. To add to the matter, the original owner had not used it for a while, thus he forgot his Google account username and password. 

I did a hard factory reset on it but it still asks for the previous account information. 

Is this a bug issue or is there another way to start from scratch?

It's a Tab E 9" model.

Shop GoalieMonkey.com Now!
25 minutes ago, RichMan said:

Need help with a Samsung tablet.

The original user gave it to my mother. She's not into these gadgets. To add to the matter, the original owner had not used it for a while, thus he forgot his Google account username and password. 

I did a hard factory reset on it but it still asks for the previous account information. 

Is this a bug issue or is there another way to start from scratch?

It's a Tab E 9" model.

That's weird, it shouldn't ask for it again. But you can ask the guy to reset it then if it continues.....and give you the password. 

See if any youtube videos can help, or just contact Samsung. 

Sounds like the original owner had the Google Device Protection enabled. You'll have to find a way to bypass that. Try Googling "T560NU FRP bypass" or something similar. Used to be really into custom firmware and stuff for Android - it sounds like you may need to flash new firmware or revert it somehow - there is a risk of bricking the device, so be careful!

20 hours ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

That's weird, it shouldn't ask for it again. But you can ask the guy to reset it then if it continues.....and give you the password. 

See if any youtube videos can help, or just contact Samsung. 

Guy can't remember anything. I've been googling and youtubing but haven't found that special sauce yet.

20 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Sounds like the original owner had the Google Device Protection enabled. You'll have to find a way to bypass that. Try Googling "T560NU FRP bypass" or something similar. Used to be really into custom firmware and stuff for Android - it sounds like you may need to flash new firmware or revert it somehow - there is a risk of bricking the device, so be careful!

Bricking? You mean freezing or frying?

Just now, RichMan said:

Guy can't remember anything. I've been googling and youtubing but haven't found that special sauce yet.

Try this - https://samfw.com/

Bricking means causing the device to be unable to function at all. IE: a software or user error in flashing (installing) new firmware could do this, rendering the device useless, so it sits on your desk as a brick.

22 minutes ago, RichMan said:

More specifically - this tool seems to be able to do what you're looking for - https://samfw.com/blog/samfw-frp-tool-1-0-remove-samsung-frp-one-click

Not sure if it's virus-free, etc. Use at your own risk.

Edited by ZeroGravitas
  • Like 1