Glove recommendation

Ryan W

I know gloves are a very personal decision and I aready had some good advice by one member. But I was hoping to get opinions/reviews/thoughts as I'm deciding between the SLR 4 70 deg glove and Brians Eclipse. So please feel free to share any thought or on-ice reviews as I'm very indecisive.

Thanks!

Shop GoalieMonkey.com Now!

I've been able to try on both Unfortunately only at separate stores though, which makes it harder to compare. 

I was wanting to like the True most and did like it, but both the SLR 4 70 and eclipse feel a bit better to me and present larger. Hoping the later two aren't just more appealing because they were broken in better.

If you search the forum for "praises" and "warrior gloves" you'll find a lot there from myself and a number of members here to try to tempt you to the dark side. 😎

But from the gloves you've mentioned, I'd lean Eclipse. I've tried and used Lefevre gloves and while nice, they're really nothing special. Kinda middle of the road on all accounts, and some of the toughest gloves to break in if you have smaller hands. Brian's is the best build quality in the industry, and they are designed to be broken in well. Vaughn used to be more durable but I've see some issues with their gear in the last few years. Just my two cents. Are you going custom or retail? 

I really wanted to like warrior, I know there's a bunch of you that swear by it. Ive never had the opportunity to get my hands on a 6.1 or 7.1 but unfortunately they feel horrible to me (rgt2, g4,5,6). I wanted to like them as I've liked warrior products in the past and the lack of binding, crazy light weight and wrist mobility were all really impressive. But unfortunately they just feel too foreign and maybe if I got them on ice they'd game well, but I can't risk buying them with how they feel to me.

Unfortunately, just retail for me this time, likely all black to match the rest of my gear.

Thanks for the insight.

• Ryan W changed the title to Glove recommendation
18 hours ago, Ryan W said:

But unfortunately they just feel too foreign and maybe if I got them on ice they'd game well, but I can't risk buying them with how they feel to me.

The feeling on the ice doesn't change too drastically to potentially sway your opinion. 

If your first reaction is "eww", then it's a safe bet Warrior gloves aren't for you.