Inner Thigh Padding - Y/N?

Hey all,

I recently got a set of Bauer pro return pants to replace my well-loved Warriors, and for the first time in ages have removable padding on the inside of my pants. I noticed it's on the inside of the thigh and outside of the leg, which I'm not used to.

Just wondering if anyone has a preference with how they put them in, and why? I'm experimenting different combos right now - took a rogue shot off the inside thigh when I took it out, so I think those are staying in at least.

Also, open to suggestion if anyone has any idea how to keep those really stay in place. They velcro in but sometimes pop off while changing (fortunately not during play) so i was thinking of shoe goo-ing them in place.

Shop GoalieMonkey.com Now!

If you are talking about the large block, no, you need that, especially for those last second shots or deflections at the thighs, otherwise it's bruise city.

If you mean that extra slim one that looks and feels like a cheater block, I always removed mine but nowadays, I kind of wished I didn't. With my reflexes slowing down, I need that little extra to help when I drop in my butterfly. Next pants I will surely leave them in, unless they just have the one large block only.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, RichMan said:

If you are talking about the large block, no, you need that, especially for those last second shots or deflections at the thighs, otherwise it's bruise city.

If you mean that extra slim one that looks and feels like a cheater block, I always removed mine but nowadays, I kind of wished I didn't. With my reflexes slowing down, I need that little extra to help when I drop in my butterfly. Next pants I will surely leave them in, unless they just have the one large block only.

Yeah, they're fairly slim - maybe an inch thick at most and fairly low-density so it compacts easily. 

2 minutes ago, indykrap said:

Yeah, they're fairly slim - maybe an inch thick at most and fairly low-density so it compacts easily. 

Yeah, nothing much to brag about eh. Funny enough, as much as you want and need ample protection there, you don't want it to be cumbersome. 

Just last night I did a butterfly slide fail on a deek that brought both my legs together and the puck hit my inner thigh from his backhand. 

And wouldn't you know it, it hit me right in the meat where the padding ends. It didn't kill but it didn't feel good either. Good thing I've gotten used to it over time.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RichMan said:

Yeah, nothing much to brag about eh. Funny enough, as much as you want and need ample protection there, you don't want it to be cumbersome. 

Just last night I did a butterfly slide fail on a deek that brought both my legs together and the puck hit my inner thigh from his backhand. 

And wouldn't you know it, it hit me right in the meat where the padding ends. It didn't kill but it didn't feel good either. Good thing I've gotten used to it over time.

Yeah, probably safer to keep it in! hah. That sounds rough.