Anybody else tried soap and water for pad slide? (Don't laugh yet!!)

CamWardFan

I might get roasted for this but I swear it works for me.

I am a 72 year old goalie who plays pretty good pickup 3 days a week.  I've tried just about everything and every suggested product to improve the slide on various pads I have owned but I swear, I've never had anything work as well as soap and water.  Every morning I fill my little spray bottle with a couple of drops of Dawn dish soap and some water, shake it up and take it to the rink.  In the locker room, before I go out, I spray the sliding surfaces so they have a nice, slick coat of the soap and water.  Even at my advanced age, limited leg strength, and not too horrible technique, I'm out there sliding like a pro. I thought it would wear off pretty quickly but so far it seems to last for the whole hour and a half. Even if it didn't, I could just take the bottle out there on the bench for a refresh when we rotate, but so far I haven't needed it.

Ok, boys, tell me I'm nuts or a wimp, but man this really works . I'm hunching in a corner with my head covered, waiting for the responses.......😀

• Like 4

Shop GoalieMonkey.com Now!
3 hours ago, CamWardFan said:

Ok, boys, tell me I'm nuts or a wimp, but man this really works . I'm hunching in a corner with my head covered, waiting for the responses.......😀

Honestly dude, nobody's getting hurt or dying -let alone pretending to die and coming back as a teenager named after a furniture store - if it works for you, rock on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

What works for u works.  What me and son do is use regular candle wax.  
it last about 2-3 games.  Dam we even use the scented candle wax and the stick wax. We used the 3m film, but it has to much slide. The wax seems to be the middle ground.  Throw some wax in the bag.  

• Thanks 1