Ankles wobbly after about 10 min on ice

Shop GoalieMonkey.com Now!
13 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

I just pulled the trigger on a good deal on TF9s, so this is poking fun at myself more than anything 😁

IMG_6115.jpeg

Wouldn't getting Konetks be a more applicable meme material? 

Look at these oldies not knowing how to meme. 

20 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Wouldn't getting Konetks be a more applicable meme material? 

Look at these oldies not knowing how to meme. 

Plan on trying on the konekts when I'm in socal. Looks like stock trues only go to 11.5 so I doubt I'll be able to find any to try on, which sucks. I'd go custom if I could get a read on how they might feel ahead of time but I'm wary of dropping $1k on skates completely blind. 

Most places are carrying konekts in 12 and 13 so I should be able to try those on at least.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/9/2024 at 9:37 AM, Lucky Pucker said:

Ah! This is what I was going to say as well. I also like to have mine cranked pretty tight. IIRC, I got that hack from a post by @RichMan, and have used it ever since (thanks for that, Rich!)

pic to help visualize 

IMG_6111.jpeg

I used the richman method the last two seasons until I got Konekts. Worked quite well but I went for a number of skates to get used to it first. 

Also on some older boots that are the newer stiff style I find that if you don't tie the skates correctly in the "conventional" way, you can tie it so tight up top that it actually just loosens around the ankle where you need the tightness the most. 

Snug but not tight on the feet, very very tight just at the ankle, then just enough to keep the ankle tension locked in at the top. Ankle lock helped a lot with this.  

• Like 1