Supreme to Vapor pads sizing (Mach to HL2)

xmikex32

Hey guys,

Has anyone gone from Machs/m5's to Hyperlites/X5's? I'm getting conflicting feedback. I'm currently in medium M5's and looking to try some x5's. I've been told that since the vapor has a flatter boot they fit smaller than the Supremes. I don't have any local places that have x5's in stock BUT they do have a set of 3x's in large. I tried them on with skates no knee pads and they seemed to fit bigger than my M5s. I'm landing pretty much prefect in the m5's and haven't had any issues has anyone found they need to size up going from machs/m5s to hyperlite/x5. Read that Bauer takes into account the boot angles and to follow their sizing guide.

Looking for some first hand experience 

Thank you

Mike 

Shop GoalieMonkey.com Now!
26 minutes ago, xmikex32 said:

Hey guys,

Has anyone gone from Machs/m5's to Hyperlites/X5's? I'm getting conflicting feedback. I'm currently in medium M5's and looking to try some x5's. I've been told that since the vapor has a flatter boot they fit smaller than the Supremes. I don't have any local places that have x5's in stock BUT they do have a set of 3x's in large. I tried them on with skates no knee pads and they seemed to fit bigger than my M5s. I'm landing pretty much prefect in the m5's and haven't had any issues has anyone found they need to size up going from machs/m5s to hyperlite/x5. Read that Bauer takes into account the boot angles and to follow their sizing guide.

Looking for some first hand experience 

Thank you

Mike 

They should line up equally now that Bauer recessed the boot on Supreme to fit closer to the Vapor pads.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hockeygoalie111 said:

They should line up equally now that Bauer recessed the boot on Supreme to fit closer to the Vapor pads.

Do the newer vapors fit differently than the 3x/hl? When did they change it? If you know 

@xmikex32 Bauer changed the boot going into the Hyperlite 2 to be a "Table top" boot. AKA: no boot channel. 

Hyperlite 1 and earlier had a pretty similar boot channel as the Supreme line, though it's not a very deep one anyways. So the newer line fits taller than previous vapour pads and are now close to the same as the Supreme line for sizing. 

• Like 1