Let's talk movies and special series

RichMan

16 hours ago, Fullright said:

Good catch! Havent gotten around to seeing the movie yet but the series was a blast. Guy Ritchie is highly underappreciated. His stuff is always entertaining.

I do not know how I overlooked Crank & Crank 2. Both of those movies are like defending a 5 on 3 with really bad D. 

I saw the movie before I saw the show so I was biased, but you’ll probably really like it since they’re so similar. Plus the movie has some bigger actors that are awesome in it.

• Like 1

Shop GoalieMonkey.com Now!
15 hours ago, RichMan said:

Yes, I read that it was an amalgamation of notes and unfinished stories put together by the son of Tolkien. Did he push it for the public or the bank roll, who knows?

It was first released as complete book sometime in 70´ after death of Tolkien, edited and finished by his son. But he worked on this for decades, if I´m not mistaken he started even before Hobbit and LotR.  Similar with Unfinished tales. But I read those books years ago and don´t remember exactly. 

• Like 1

There are some movies I wish I could forget I saw already and watch again for the first time. Especially ones with the twist in them.

The narrator and Tyler Durden are the same dude? What? Marla too?

Born in the day (1977) - the Star Wars movies were more than just movies. We didn't have good video games, awesome tv shows or even the internet. Books and shit ass tv. So the Star Wars movies were our escape into the visual sci-fi stuff only. In the 80s, the NASA space shuttle was the coolest thing. Seeing people using spaceships on tv for getting around seemed reasonable and super cool. Add in Han, Luke, Lea, etc. 

People think Return of Jedi was lame. But in the time, it wasn't. Looking at now is not fair.

The late 90s prequels were so anticipated because we longed for more for over a decade. What if... then they were basically lame cartoons.

The more recent ones went back to more people acting and all. So they were better. Just way too late in time for them. Oh well.