Graf....?

ChippedWall

Anyone got any insight to what's happening with this company?

I emailed them about a year ago to inquire on goalie skates. Took about a week for a simple question only to get a response that a representative would be in touch with me soon. Again,  that was a year ago, still nothing.

The website gets updated yearly so I know someone's home. Should I even bother with these guys? I know True and Bauer are running away with it all in this category but it's really hard to let go of the feel of those old 750s.

Shop GoalieMonkey.com Now!

I believe the Canadian part of this brand was bought by Vaughn but I don't believe it's around anymore. I think the only way to get Graf is from the company over in Switzerland where the skates are based out of. 

• Like 1

I came across a video about the company and its new leader said that they would focus on producing skates for fitness and figure skating and would leave big-time hockey. I don’t know how correct this information is and whether I understood everything correctly

9 hours ago, ser33 said:

I came across a video about the company and its new leader said that they would focus on producing skates for fitness and figure skating and would leave big-time hockey. I don’t know how correct this information is and whether I understood everything correctly

I saw a video on YouTube recently with a profile interview of the grandson who is the now face behind Graf and they released a commemorative hockey skate,  a classic of sorts. There was no mention of goalie skates during the presentation. 

There were a few folks on here who picked up the Graf Pro G back when they came out.  Reviews seemed positive overall.

There are still a few out there on clearance at Goaliemonkey or Goalies Plus. And there are several on SidelineSwap.  At full price I'd have a hard time picking these over the new Catalyst 7X4 even having been in Grafs for most of my playing days.