Is it possible to change the Velcro attachment to a buckle attachment

Shop GoalieMonkey.com Now!
Posted (edited)

Yes, it can be done. I actually something similar (although I went from nylon web and buckle to elastic and hook and loop) on my Brown c/a some years ago. All you'll need are some scissors/a knife, a sewing awl and idea of where you want to place the straps and buckles. 

If you could send us photos, we could probably help you figure out where you might want to place them and how to go about it. 

Edited by bildeer
  • Thanks 1

As a side note, on other CCM models that had the buckles, the buckle was roughly in the middle of where the velcro is on the rib protection and they also had a flap with padding that covered the buckle to save it from being exploded on impact. May want to consider that when doing this mod. For the strap side you can just figure out the length, loop it over itself and sew it together. I would also recommended using swappable buckles so if they do get damaged you aren't stuck...like those below...

image.png.5f0b2d400c6713064f6e785e35fab11e.png

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RichMan said:

@CFC6969 ok, now I see and s stated above, yes, very possible. 

Agreed.  Great mod to learn on.   Just get some elastic or strapping depending on your preference, some snap clips of the appropriate size for the strapping you use, and a sewing awl.  The awl will let you sew through just about anything and there's lots of good videos out there on how to use it.