Board Members Gone MIA

RichMan

On 5/15/2024 at 12:49 AM, WillyGrips13 said:

@bc30 doesn’t really check in here anymore. I’m Facebook friends with him and he posts there regularly. He goes on the Vintage Goalie Gear Facebook page a lot. I used to live in the same town as him and we would play at the same organized group weekly for a time. So I know he’s a real person. Of course, I’ve moved three times since then so, who knows, maybe he’s ai now. (Artificial intelligence not Allen Iverson).

He's still very active on the FB groups.

Shop GoalieMonkey.com Now!
On 5/14/2024 at 9:20 PM, MTH said:

Wish he'd come back here now. Honestly, he was already a legend. This? A god!

Honestly, if he had waited til Easter to come back I would have given him some props

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/5/2024 at 10:34 PM, Chenner29 said:

He ended up coming back under the persona of a high school aged kid with a new username.

Got a bunch of people to interact with him, got called out via PM for being the same dude.

Hasn't posted since.

silly rabbit, trix are for kids.

Is it entirely possible that Bunny,Doug,or any other of his personalities comes here to “lurk”?

idk anything about I.T and if it’s possible to block him permanently thru the IP address. If not I’ll assume he gets a kick out of this, I’m guessing attention is all he craved in the first place.

Odd Rabbit

• Like 1

On 5/28/2024 at 11:12 PM, southpawtendy48 said:

Holy shit this thread just hit me like a pile of bricks. What’s confusing to me is what did he think he would achieve by lying and pretending to be someone else to a bunch of random goalies on the internet? 

A higher form of shit. Diarrhea

Posted (edited)

I missed this thread for a long time without knowing what it was about. Well...I don’t communicate much on this forum due to the language barrier, but I’m used to all of you guys, even Coop doesn’t infuriate but makes me happy. and the “loss” of any of you is sad news for me. at the very beginning of my stay on the forum, I talked a lot with Bunny and when I learned about his “death” I felt a sense of loss. and here it is like... fuck

I just received a notification that this is my 500th post on the forum

Edited by ser33
  • Like 7

On 5/28/2024 at 9:12 PM, southpawtendy48 said:

Holy shit this thread just hit me like a pile of bricks. What’s confusing to me is what did he think he would achieve by lying and pretending to be someone else to a bunch of random goalies on the internet? 

These are snippets of what he wrote about himself via PM to another member, pretending to be his widowed wife.  (I don't think those words have ever made it in a sentence together, ever).

Honestly makes you wonder if the cancer, colostomy, anything else was ever real.

@MTH - did his LinkedIn profile ever get closed?

Good evening,

This is Douggie’s wife, Angi.

I want to clear up a few things:

a) Douggie was going to officially ring the bell on 5/16/2022; his death was not cancer-related. 
b) Yes- Douggie loved Bunny Larocque; he had several pet rabbits over the years. His last was a black and white Dutch Dwarf named Trixie, who is in his avatar.

c) Thanks to MTH for making me aware that I needed to shut down Douggie’s LinkedIn. Doug’s phone has been blowing up.

d) Thank you EVERYONE for the love you have shared towards my Douggie. He was a troubled man who always sought approval when none was needed.

[snipped out some personal things not related to the context of this post]

He passed on 5/15. He was going to officially ring the bell on 5/16. This has been harder than anything I could have imagined. I trudged on after my first husband left me. What an ass hat, along with the other men who followed. Douggie was so strange and wonderful. I met him years back and couldn’t take my eyes away from him.  An ideal situation (Douggie called it a “perfect storm” LOL) occurred recently and we started dating and we eventually married. 

[snipped out some personal things not related to the context of this post]

Yes- Douggie was going to ring the bell that he had officially beat cancer! It looked like he was going to be in management mode, but three other scans showed that cancer was gone. It was a strange deal. But Douggie was so high on life. Douggie wanted to show the world that “if some tosser like me can do it, someone twice as clever could do it with half the work!” He so wanted to extend faith that he just was some hack who lucked into things, but someone with a *bit* of motivation could do it*better*! All he wanted to do was insure faith! 

His last game was a shut out! Nobody took it easy on him as he would have rather had his ass kicked in a fight he started rather than let someone let him have ANYTHING for “free”. He cracked a stick on some dude once (according to a friend) who took it easy on him. Doug felt it was disrespectful to take it easy; after all, it wasn’t a “cancer victim” league he played in!  It was NOT COOL. Douggie had some strange ways about him. Douggie had a work ethic that did not allow for the “easy way”. “Smart way” was  preferred, but hard knocks rang his bell. He liked it that way. 

We will also continue the Pooper brand. Douggie really wanted to teach others about his condition and to make people who were going to face having an ostomy or urostomy that life doesn’t end! Douggie taught Riley how to operate the machines. Riley really loved our Douggie and took any chance she could to learn from him! We are just trying to figure out how market this in order to serve his memory and carry on Doug’s vision.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

These are snippets of what he wrote about himself via PM to another member, pretending to be his widowed wife.  (I don't think those words have ever made it in a sentence together, ever).

Honestly makes you wonder if the cancer, colostomy, anything else was ever real.

@MTH - did his LinkedIn profile ever get closed?

It’s already pretty creepy that he put in the effort to pretend to be someone else and lie about dying, but it would be even more so if that were a lie as well

On 5/6/2024 at 12:30 PM, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

2023 wtf

I think the fact that he pretended to be his own friend, faked his death, and came back as a fake teenager says all we need to know. Guy needs help

Late to the "party" here.

Did we ever unmask Netminder? maybe Bunny IS also Netminder. Compared to all he did, seems somewhat reasonable.

3 hours ago, maxtm30 said:

Late to the "party" here.

Did we ever unmask Netminder? maybe Bunny IS also Netminder. Compared to all he did, seems somewhat reasonable.

Netminder was a Facebook troll who went on GGSU to post controversial/hot take comments about goalies/gear, etc.

Anyone that disagreed with him, made fun of him (or worse) were promptly reported to Facebook.  Lot of people got banned for it until GGSU banned him.

Netminder then took his talents to IG (got banned from goaliegearnerd's page), and here (also banned).

Different dude, different MO

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Netminder was a Facebook troll who went on GGSU to post controversial/hot take comments about goalies/gear, etc.

Anyone that disagreed with him, made fun of him (or worse) were promptly reported to Facebook.  Lot of people got banned for it until GGSU banned him.

Netminder then took his talents to IG (got banned from goaliegearnerd's page), and here (also banned).

Imagine having the interest or the time for this. I immediately thought of this

C409D995-DC69-40C2-8F01-5F9ED5B99D04.gif

On 5/31/2024 at 9:13 PM, Chenner29 said:

I'm still disappointed he never brought my pea-sized brain to school. 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...