Vaughn V3 glove and blocker

ser33

6 hours ago, ser33 said:

O! this is the best comment ever! I’m very pleased that my humble work inspires someone! Thank you! I will definitely be waiting for your topic

It will be a directed adventure, if you are willing I will ask for your advice each step with pictures.

• Like 1

Shop GoalieMonkey.com Now!

From what I've read and studied about, the Poron XRD and D3O are two different types of protective foams. Poron XRD kills the impact by (somehow) sucking the energy in while the D3O uses that energy to transform into solid sheet for a minimal moment of the impact. 

That is why these are used differently, D3O in front line to puck and Poron XRD is located closer to the protected matter such as hand in a catcher.

Using these materials requires a lot of knowledge and also you have to understand the other materials and behaviors included. I think CCM does know what they when they add D3O to the top layer as well as Bauer adding Poron XRD into the deeper insides. And we can get good results following that lead.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, ArdeFIN said:

From what I've read and studied about, the Poron XRD and D3O are two different types of protective foams. Poron XRD kills the impact by (somehow) sucking the energy in while the D3O uses that energy to transform into solid sheet for a minimal moment of the impact. 

That is why these are used differently, D3O in front line to puck and Poron XRD is located closer to the protected matter such as hand in a catcher.

Using these materials requires a lot of knowledge and also you have to understand the other materials and behaviors included. I think CCM does know what they when they add D3O to the top layer as well as Bauer adding Poron XRD into the deeper insides. And we can get good results following that lead.

с помощью камеры

totally agree with you. These foams even have different tactile sensations. and I used D30 as CCM does. but today I looked at the 2x pro palm and the poron on it is also fixed in front of the plastic

IMG20240720141505.thumb.jpg.11545420cbe694ab5b73fef14103dee6.jpg

3 hours ago, johncho said:

Where do you guys source D3O and Poron foam from? Old equipments?

@ser33 This I would like to know too for the D3O.

I sourced Poron XRD from a Finnish supplier that imports Poron and other similar materials from Britain. The big but here is that the XRD I received, while really well absorbs the impact, is a lot different from what Bauer and some other sport manufacturers use and say it is XRD. My XRD far from the softness of those. By no means it's hard or firm, but not soft. This is a bit of a problem though because I opted for 5mm thick sheet which I thought would be softish and so would fit nicely in to the palm of a catcher. Yes it still fits in, but the thickness more obvious than I would like and makes the catcher feel somewhat unwieldy. That is for the feel of and I don't know if it actually changes anything in catching pucks.

And no, adding 5mm of padding doesn't change the closure or make it any stiffer if it is placed right, away from the fold areas.

18 hours ago, johncho said:

Where do you guys source D3O and Poron foam from? Old equipments?

Yes. I took apart the old ccm premier. I have not seen such foams on sale, so this is a one-time promotion, I’m unlikely to find more

On 7/21/2024 at 10:52 AM, ser33 said:

Yes. I took apart the old ccm premier. I have not seen such foams on sale, so this is a one-time promotion, I’m unlikely to find more

Ok.

I think people @GGSU Facebook have sourced sheets somewhere in the US. This is not really an option for me due to shipping and customs, would make a 100dollar sheet cost me atleast 200eur.

Maybe one day we have D3O available in Europe too, or maybe we just don't know yet.