23-24 Playoffs

Fullright

Shop GoalieMonkey.com Now!
On 6/21/2024 at 11:02 PM, Wonder35 said:

I just opened a window. All across Canada we hear the chant “Let’s Go Oilers”.

The Prime Minister has declared an Official Day of Mourning………😪

In other news, Charity Shops across Canada are reporting an influx of Blue/Orange garments being donated.

Edited by Wonder35
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, WillyGrips13 said:

Anybody consider that all the Leafs fans who jumped on the Oilers bandwagon after the Leafs were eliminated and the Oilers made the final may have jinxed them? Anything that organization touches craps the bed. 

Corey Perry jinxed the Oilers

8 hours ago, ser33 said:

yes you are a prophet

Just call me Nostradamus. 

1 hour ago, Chenner29 said:

Corey Perry jinxed the Oilers

4 final losses in 5 years. 

Dude wants to play more hockey, but I guarantee every GM is looking at him like he's poison. 

So obviously dude is going to sign in Toronto. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Fullright said:

The last stable (meaning lasted more than 1 year playing well) goalie was Hextall. 

There a few.

Carter Hart. Before this situation was there for a bit.

The best goalie stat wise the Flyers ever had was Roman Cechmanek. He had a three year run. 92-43 record. .923 SV and an amazing 1.96 GAA. Played about 53 games a year too. Was a horse.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MTH said:

There a few.

Carter Hart. Before this situation was there for a bit.

The best goalie stat wise the Flyers ever had was Roman Cechmanek. He had a three year run. 92-43 record. .923 SV and an amazing 1.96 GAA. Played about 53 games a year too. Was a horse.

What about Boucher and Niittymaki as well? Both were pretty dang decent on the Flyers.

15 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Just call me Nostradamus. 

4 final losses in 5 years. 

Dude wants to play more hockey, but I guarantee every GM is looking at him like he's poison. 

So obviously dude is going to sign in Toronto. 

coopadamus 1234

• Like 1

What are your thoughts of the Conn Smythe? I think that McDavid was the right one over Barkov, great player awesome points in the finals and in the playoffs. 

Barkov is really close, we could argue him holding multiple superstars out of points, except McDavid in finals, in all playoff games (was it Barkov in 1-3 and 7 that held McDavid back?) and he also scored points steadily except for the finals... 

Happy for Panthers to win, but at the same time I hope to see Oilers in the finals soon again. Maybe already 2025?

• Like 2

On 6/26/2024 at 8:50 AM, ArdeFIN said:

What are your thoughts of the Conn Smythe? I think that McDavid was the right one over Barkov, great player awesome points in the finals and in the playoffs. 

Barkov is really close, we could argue him holding multiple superstars out of points, except McDavid in finals, in all playoff games (was it Barkov in 1-3 and 7 that held McDavid back?) and he also scored points steadily except for the finals... 

Happy for Panthers to win, but at the same time I hope to see Oilers in the finals soon again. Maybe already 2025?

At first glance I'm a little torn between Bobrovsky and McDavid. Both kind of pulled their teams on their backs for the Conn Smythe. Most of the games that the Panthers actually won, Bob had to stand on his head all game. That's kind of the definition of an MVP to me. Edmonton won a few games without notable contributions from McDavid. That said he also had the 4th most all time points in a post-season record right? I see why the gave it to him. I'm just jealous for the goalie haha

That all said, I do hope to see McDavid hoist the cup one day. He seems to be a class act as well as dripping with talent. 

If Skinner would shave his rapist stache, I'd feel bad for him too but until then, no sympathy. 

• Like 1

On 6/26/2024 at 8:50 AM, ArdeFIN said:

McDavid was the clear cut winner for sure and it wasn't close. You don't break a record for most points in the playoffs and not be heavily considered as the MVP. 

Bobrovksy's games 4-6 really killed his chances. If he had maybe one bad game then went back to his dominance, he would've won. Winning the Cup with stats barely better than Skinner won't win you MVP at all. 

I'm just disappointed we didn't get Sad Giguerre 2.0 with McDavid accepting the Conn Smythe. 

10 hours ago, IpaddyTECH said:

If Skinner would shave his rapist stache, I'd feel bad for him too but until then, no sympathy. 

we are in the same boat

For a long time I couldn’t understand what irritates me about this mustache, but you put everything in its place

• Haha 1