G7 Rebounds

ilyazhito

3 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Here are my Ultrasonics. Used 1-2 times a week for mid to upper beer league since February 2023. 

Bauer durability issues are completely overblown. Especially for beer leaguers. 

20240507_112738.jpg

20240507_112757.jpg

20240507_112814.jpg

20240507_112850.jpg

I think the vapor pads cause all of bauers gear to get a bad reputation 

Shop GoalieMonkey.com Now!
5 hours ago, IpaddyTECH said:

I was hoping someone would talk me into Bauer. Those do look great so far. Maybe all the chewed up bauers on SLS are from much more active players?

So if I got a set of Hyperlite3's  in all black (by the time I get around to this), if I baby them they should be fine for beer league and occasional tournaments for 4-5 years? 

My guess is that the more chewed up ones you see are from guys that just don't give a shit about their gear, or, guys that are hitting the ice 5-6 times a week for games and practices. 

Most wear I see on used Bauers mostly stems around the boot binding and the glove perimeter. 

They're great pads and using them lightly like most beer leaguers, I would not worry for a second about the durability. 

2 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I think the vapor pads cause all of bauers gear to get a bad reputation 

They're kind of built most the same no? 

• Like 1

On 5/25/2024 at 8:21 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

My guess is that the more chewed up ones you see are from guys that just don't give a shit about their gear, or, guys that are hitting the ice 5-6 times a week for games and practices. 

Most wear I see on used Bauers mostly stems around the boot binding and the glove perimeter. 

They're great pads and using them lightly like most beer leaguers, I would not worry for a second about the durability. 

They're kind of built most the same no? 

Thanks for the feedback and your experience. It makes sense to me that they wouldn't be any worse than average, and I tend to baby my pads anyway. That said I would like to try some G7's too and if they have any improved rebounds, they'll be a contender in my mind.